Chapter 25: Warning

Sorry for any mistakes in grammar
Enjoy!
~

"Today is a showdown between Paul and Ash Ketchum. Paul is known as one of the strongest trainers to have battled in recent years. But Ash is right up there with him. Once rivals now friends but today they will be foes on the battlefield" The reporter finished the programme for the hyped battle between Ash and Paul.

It has been a couple of weeks since the incident and finally the battle can take place. Rumours have been going around, that Paul is the favourite due to his recent wins and how he has done them. And also the recent events Ash has had to take in.

Ash stood there on top of the roof looking at the island and it's natural beauty.

"Pikachu and Lucario I am trusting you two today. You will be pushed to your limits today. But we will stick together and win! No matter what we battle for each other. Today we will send a warning to Lysandre. He's messing with wrong person" Ash spoke with fire in his eyes. He hadn't felt this since the Kalos League final against Alain.

"Ash you better get going your battle is soon!" Serena said rushing up the stairs. She saw Ash on the edge and almost panicked. Ash noticed this and came back to safety and scratched his head.

"Sorry and yeah let's get going" Ash replied.

With that the duo got in a cab and drove towards the stadium. They got out the cab once they arrived and were greeted by the media. Ash just held Serena's hand and dragged her through until they were inside till safety.

"Jeez they never rest!" Ash complained.

"Well you are a famous boy!" Serena said giggling. Ash frowned a little. She noticed this and gave him a small hug.

"What's wrong Ash?" Serena asked.

"You know sometimes I wish I couldn't be recognised. Like I go out and no one knows who I am. I wish I wasn't famous." Ash explained.

"But why Ash, fame gives you everything" Serena countered.

"Yes but I believe that I should earn and work hard for everything. Not just get it ready made. And plus fame changes a person. They get dragged away from the ones they care and love." Ash added.

"Wow..."

"What?"

"Your just so... amazing!" Serena said and gave him a peck on the lips. Ash smiled.

"Now go out there and show the world your power!" Serena said and ran off to the stands. Ash stood there, processing everything. He looked around and saw posters of him and Paul being advertised.

"Wow they're making a big deal out of this" Ash said petting Pikachu's head.

"Pika!"

"Let's go and win this!" Ash said and he ran off to the changing rooms.

Time skip...

"Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to today's big showdown since the days of Red and Blue. Today is the champion of Sinnoh against the Champion of Kalos. Two heavy weights lock horns and the winner will be a favourite to win this tournament!"

Serena, Gary, Clement, Max, Zack and Bonnie all sat with smiles.

"Wow this should be a great battle!" Max said as he adjusted his glasses.

"Your right, two great trainers with two different methods" Clement said adjusting his glasses too.

"Did you just copy Max?" Gary said laughing.