Chapter 17: Haunted

Before we get into the long awaited chapter, I have made my first AMV so make sure to go check it out! And subscribe and let me know what you thought!

___________________________

Ash stood their, feeling his heart beat rise. He turned around and saw Lysander standing with a cheeky smile. 'So Ash you're a very lucky boy aren't you. Personally I would have asked the arcanine to rip out your guts' Lysander smirked.

'I wouldn't say that if I were you!' Zack growled and lunged towards Lysander but Ash held him back. This made Lysander laugh even more, 'got yourself a body guard I see.' Ash thought calmly, I cannot let him manipulate me, he wants me to retaliate. I just have to ignore. Ash then looked up to Lysander, 'your words went into my ear and came out the other, and if you don't mind I'm off to my room to relax with my friends and girlfriend' Ash said with a smile. He grabbed Serena's hand and Zack's and walked away from a frustrated Lysandre.

Ash rushed to the elevator with Serena and the others and quickly pressed the floor his bedroom was situated.  'I'm surprised Ash that you were quite calm today' Clement said looking at Ash. Everyone murmured in agreement and looked at Ash. 'I have to keep calm or he will exploit me, even if I do the slightest of retaliation. I know how that man acts so I need to change my attitude,' Ash said looking at Clement and then he turned to Zack, 'thanks for sticking up, not going to lie you kind of remind me of my younger self..'

Flashback

'Ash honey let's go home quick' Delia said calling Ash, who was looking at a master ball that sat in the centre of the museum.

'But mom I wanna read the facts of this ball!' Ash called back. However this time his mother grabbed his hand and dragged him away. Ash could see the terrified look on her face. Ash stopped causing his mother to stop. 'Mom what's wrong? You don't look great.' Ash said.

'It's nothing dear but I think we have to go home now it's getting late and we've spent a good amount of time here' Delia rushed her words, she then looked around before walking again but stopped. Ash didn't expect he sudden halt and jolted forwards and hit a man.

Ash looked up to see a man in his fifties staring at his mother. Delia grabbed Ash and took him outside. However as they reached the outside the man grabbed Delia and stopped her.

'Not this time Delia! You've gotten away with it so many times over the years.' The man stared straight through Delia's soul. Ash could sense that his mother was had a weakened presence with this man here. 'I don't know who you are so leave me alone you old tosspot' Delia sternly said.

The next sight brought butterflies in Ash's stomach. The man raised his hand as if he was about to slap his mother. Ash could feel his hot blood pumping furiously around his body.

Adrenaline got the better of Ash. As the man's hand lowered and approached Delia's face, Ash intervened and stopped the hand. Then gave a kick in the stomach. 'Don't you dare raise your hand on a woman' Ash said in fury, he spat next to the man who was on the ground groaning in pain.

Ash grabbed Delia's hand this time and dragged her away from the scene.

'Thank you Ash, your the best son anyone could have...'

End of Flashback

The last phrase got to Ash and he shuddered. He looked around and saw everyone had gone but Serena and Zack. 'Ash you okay? You were mumbling stuff.' Serena said in a concerned tone. Ash considered for a moment to tell her but hesitated, as to this day he does not know why the man was there and why he wanted his mum.