Chapter 23: Loss Of Sanity? Or a Master Plan?

Sorry for any mistakes in grammar

And follow amourcanonz

Hope you enjoy!
~~

Ash had woken up early. "Today is the day" he sighed and opened the curtains a little so Serena would not wake up to the light. He scanned the area almost as if he was Sherlock Holmes.

He got out a post it note and a pen and began to write very thoroughly and carefully. After he was finished, he placed the note in Serena's bag, and inside her tablet. He didn't want it to be this way, but he knew things had to be done.

Pikachu stirred in his sleep and saw Ash sitting beside the sleeping Serena. He jumped onto Ash's lap and looked him in the eye.

"Pika, Pikachu!" He said balling up his fists.

Ash understood, what he meant and nodded. He then got out another post it note and wrote another note:

I am going to go train for a while. After I am done, I will need you to come back near the hotel and wait under the olive tree near the forest. And make sure you are with Zack.

Ash placed the note on the side table. He kissed Serena on the forehead and disappeared from the room.

~Time Skip~

Serena's POV

I tossed and turned in my sleep. I was having the worst nightmare. Ash jumped off a building... eeek I don't want that! I put my arm out so I could grab on Ash but there was nothing there.

That's when my eyes shot open. I was a bit worried my dream is real but then I saw note on the side of my bed. Typical Ash and his training but what I found odd was that he left very specific instructions. It gave me a bad feeling but I shrugged it off.

I went downstairs to Zak's room, to wake up him up. I looked at the peaceful kid, while he slept. He does remind me Ash off his careless nature and bravery to stand for others. I put my hand on his head and patted it before he woke up.

"Morning Serena!" I replied with a cheerful morning.

"Come on Zack, we can spend the day together because Ash is going to go train. I saw Zack's expressions drop into sadness.

"What's wrong Zack?" I asked getting curious. I noticed Paul and Zack seemed to get worried whenever I mentioned Ash's name. I don't know, maybe I am overthinking all of this.

"I wanted Ash to come, but it doesn't matter you fun as well!" Zack said happy all of a sudden.

"Thanks, lets go!" I say and we both ran out the room.

We both decided to go to the amusement park that was outside the tournament area. It seemed like a good idea until I saw Calem. Ugh how I hate his arrogant face. What I hated more was how Delia favoured him over Ash.

Ash is the perfect person you want, brave, selfless, caring and most importantly he is always happy in the darkest of times. Ugh I wish he was right now.

I tried to avoid Calem but he seems to spot in a crowd full of people. I mentally face palm.

"Hey Sere!" Calem said cheerfully.

"Only Ash can call me that!" I say while folding my arms. He then grabs my chin and forces me to look into his eyes. They have no warmth like Ash. No Happiness like Ash's. It was just evil and dark.

"Oi! Get away from her!" I heard Zack shout. He then kicked Calem in the shin, causing him to back away from me.

"You son of a b..."