「26」

I really wanted to impress Phil. I felt my band pulsing heat. Checking over it, it showed the faintest tints of pink. Oh god, what's happening to me?

As I ran into the house and quickly explained everything to my mum, I burst into my room. What can I make? What can I make? I settled on buying a small plushie lion with a blue ribbon on it; it was his favorite animal and color. Hurrying to the store, I quickly purchased the things I needed. I gently placed it in a box, wrapped it in some random wrapping paper, and rushed back to the hospital.

I opened the door to see Louise, PJ, Chris, and Phil all sitting in silence. The only thing I could hear was the loud pants as the aftermath of somewhat fast walking from my house. Phil was the first to speak up. "Where were you Dan-"

"Sorry, I had something to do," I said, a bit flustered and in a tense voice.

"What's wrong Dan?" Chris asked, studying my face.

"N-nothing," I stuttered.

"Your band is glowing bright orange," PJ stated. "You might as well scream that you're nervous."

I tensed up, then took deep breaths in and out. Calm down. Calm down. I walked over to Louise, who was intently trying to help Phil. I tapped her shoulder, causing her to look at me. "Can you bring PJ and Chris outside? I need to tell Phil something," I quickly whispered, to which she nodded.

All three of them left, and it was just me and Phil.

A/N: hahahaha totally not gonna update like ten times be happy children

also thanks for 400