「54」

As I was tapping away on my phone, my door bust open, to reveal a well-dressed Dan. I noted his black and white bomber jacket, and his un-straightened hair. I felt heat rising to my cheeks. I hoped I dressed formal enough - a red, blue, and white jacket, similar to Dan's, and a blue t-shirt with white stars and a red border under it. I wore some normal black jeans, and some converse. I really hoped he didn't notice my black band, so I tugged the edge of my jacket.

I looked at him and asked, "Are you ready to go?"

He nodded, and we both left the room. I wheeled myself down the streets, with Dan following. I brought him to a small cafe, at the outskirts of the town. Wheeling over to a chair, and Dan sitting across from me, I asked, "What do you want to drink?"

Dan read the menu. I watched as his hazel-brown eyes darted over the words. I started to look around the cafe, when I spotted her. My eyes widened.

"Dan, we have to go," I whispered urgently.

He cocked his head. "Why?"

"My mum is here, we have to get out of here," I was saying as she was making her way here.

"Ok... where do we go?"

"I don't know! Just out!"

We both stood up, but it was too late. She was already here.

"Well, I didn't expect both of you to show up here," she said to me, her voice drizzled with honey, but not hiding her menacing words.

I couldn't move- my legs were useless. I shot a glance at Dan. Run, I mouthed. He nodded, and sped to the door. He got quite far before my mum noticed and followed him, but I couldn't move. I tried to wheel away, but my mum decided I was more important than Dan, and caught up to me. I was too slow. "Think you could get away, couldn't you? You've run away too many times already, Philip." Those were the last words i heard before I blacked out.

A/N: I mean... suspense??