「66」

Dan tackled me in a hug, in which that position we stayed for a long time. I felt happy. For the first time in what seemed like years. The younger boy started to drift off to sleep, which I let him. He had fallen asleep by the time the doctor that walked in.

I didn't know how to act, whether he was going to attack me, yell at me for being intimate to another male- but no. He just smiled and said he would come back later. I nodded a thanks, and he closed the door softly. I looked at Dan. I wish I had his life, just easily taken by society, not beaten up for some stupid black band.

Humming a random song, I started to browse on my phone. Checking the news, I saw a startling headline - "Psycho mother looking to kill son" I knew it was about me. I didn't have to look. But I clicked anyways.

July 18th

Reported live from London, a mother with the surname Lester has given out the warning: "If you are my child, if you, Phil, are you there, reading this, I'm out for you. Look behind you. You aren't safe. Make sure your little boyfriend isn't with you. I'm coming for you."

I stopped it there, squeezing my eyes shut. Standing up and wandering around the room, I made up my mind. My duty was to keep Dan safe, and that is what I'll do. I'll do whatever it takes.