Night Best Forgotten

"Honey, I'm so glad you agreed to come." Jai smiled, kissing her cheek.

Convincing her to join him for two weeks of Suicide Squad related press had been easier than he'd expected. She wasn't one to fight him on it, but this time Jai had felt there would be more resistance than she had actually given him.

How could she deny him? If she didn't go then some stranger was assigned to babysit Denzi or the poor kid was left at home. He could do four or five days away from Jai, but anything over that and there would be nothing but days and days of tears.

"You know me, always happy to help." She smiled and closed her eyes accepting the affection. "I love this dress, by the way!"

Her dress, a cut shorter in the front than the back rounded nicely. The front showed from her knees down and the back stopped just above her ankles. The muted orange, almost peach colour, matched Jai's attire flawlessly. His gray suit had been paired with the same orange coloured neck tie and pocket square, on him it was okay - on her, wow!

The strapless dress sat perfectly fitted to her body. Jai had saw her in fancy dresses a number of times, usually she was wearing them for something he was dragging her to, but this was one of the best looks he had witnessed on her. She hadn't even saw the dress, when she agreed to wear it. She fully trusted the woman who dressed Jai for such events. They had worked together before and never had she been let down.

"You're stunning, love." Jai kissed her cheek. "I'm willing to bet, you're be the best looking lady in the bunch."

"Now I know you're bullshitting me." she snorted and bumped into his side, with her hip. "Have you saw Jada Pinkett Smith or Margot Robbie?"

"Naw, nobody is ever prettier than you." Jai winked, sliding his arm around her waist. "You're always the prettiest in the room, Roo."

"Oh, Booms." She sighed and patted his arm. "Always the charmer. But you know that I'm not the prettiest girl here." She tilted her head in the direction of the lost looking blonde on the other side of the room. "I think Meredith looks really great."

After a protest and the threat of a riot from her; Jai had gave in and discussed having Meredith added to his "Date List" so to speak. It wasn't fair, Meredith didn't deserve to be left out, because somebody in the agency had decided it was better to market Jai as perpetually single.

So what if he'd sell a little less, if the world knew he had a girlfriend? She had argued that his fans were smart and based on some of the things one could find online, they knew he wasn't some sort of celibate monk.

Allowing Meredith to join them in Toronto wouldn't ruin his career. If anything, allowing the attractive blonde to go would actually do just the opposite. If Jai showed up to one of the hottest events for summer films with a new girl, people would go crazy talking about him. If she could figure that out, then why hadn't his PR team?

In the end they had come to an agreement - Meredith could attend, but with a few rules in place. She wasn't entirely thrilled, but Jai had assured her it was easier to take what they were given than to argue it any further.

Due to Meredith's own insecurities; she was still the one to follow Jai around all night. Waiting while he talked to press, took photos, and signed things for fans.

Most of that was over now, for tonight anyway. About an hour ago, she had followed Jai into the private party, hoping to find a moment when she could ditch her sparkly sliver heels and let her damn feet breathe.

"Did you have someone pick out her outfit?" She asked, leaning onto Jai to relieve some of the pressure on her feet.

Glancing over his shoulder at the familiar woman, Jai wrinkled his nose and shook his head. "Naw. I asked if she wanted me to have someone help her, but she wanted to find her own thing."