Future Endeavors

"Honey, can you please say something?" Jai asked, nudging her gently in the side. "Roo?"

"I don't know what to say." She really didn't.

Jai had picked her up early, chauffeuring her off to one house after another. Each nicer than the last, she could easily see why he was having issues with deciding on a house. Each house they had viewed all seemed to meet his needs and requirements, but Jai insisted they had to see more before he could decide.

Personally, the third house they had viewed would have been her choice. Spacious kitchen, two living rooms, three bathrooms, a master suite, and three smaller bedrooms. A pool, garage, and half an acre of fenced in yard for Denzi to run and play. Not to mention the school district was one of the highest rated in the county.

The third house had looked amazing, until now.

She hadn't been paying much attention when Jai had rolled up to the final house of the day. The friendly brick and stone exterior, coupled with the large windows on the front of the house made it one of the most impressive houses on the street. To the side, the detached matching garage looked rather classy with the new black doors that had been recently installed.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were considering Sean and Kelly's place?" Her voice was hushed, as Jai opened the front door to allow her access.

In all of her years coming to this home, she had never used the door on the very front of the house. There was a door around the side, just before you turned to head into the back yard, it had always been the door she used.

"I wanted to keep it a surprise." Jai replied, closing the door behind him and moving passed her. "Hello?" He called out.

The house seemed so empty with most of the current owner's stuff moved out. She had heard that the older couple were selling, wanting to move back to New Jersey, retirement was close and they'd had their fill of sunny California. A shame really, she knew her mother would miss them terribly.

"Hello? Mr. Courtney?" A middle aged lady in a smart looking purple dress appeared from the kitchen area.

"I am and it's Jai." Jai smiled warmly, shaking her hand. "Please."

"Gail Meyer, I am sorry that Barry couldn't show you this property as well, but I am more than happy to help in any way." She returned the smile. "Shall I show you around?"

"Absolutely." Jai nodded.

As the Realtor began her speech on the house, she wanted to laugh. Everything this woman said sounded so fabricated and fake, although most of it was the truth. Jai had fallen behind, allowing her to walk through ahead of him. As many times as she and Jai had been in this house, they could have given Gail Meyer a tour to blow her mind.

They had toured the upstairs, poking in and out of each bedroom and bathroom. Jai was rather impressed with the over all size of the rooms, he had never been upstairs aside to use a bathroom. Down stairs they went through the living room and into the extra room in which Sean had always used as a home office.

They hadn't made it to the basement, but she knew there was a fantastic space for a rec room or a man cave.

She could imagine Jai and Denzi set up with a few comfortable sofas, a lazy boy, and a big screen tv mounted on the wall. Their weekend morning cartoon marathons would be taken to a whole new level down there. If they got real ambitious, Jai could even take the smaller guest room down stairs and set it up as a mini gym. Then he couldn't complain about having to leave home to work out.

"A lovely home, if you have children or want children." The overly perky silver haired lady continued through her speech.

"Oh, no we're not..."