CHAPTER 6

"Hush little baby don't say a word mama's gonna buy you a hocking dove, and if that hocking dove don't sing mama's gonna buy you a piece of wing

"Hush little baby don't say a word mama's gonna buy you a hocking dove, and if that hocking dove don't sing mama's gonna buy you a piece of wing." i sang horrendously rocking a crying Riley in my hand. "Laur you're just adding more to reasons why she should cry, your singing is gonna give her nightmares and as usual you're singing wrong lyrics" Ross said coming up to me and Taking Riley from my hands. It was 1 month after she was born and things were busy as ever, Riker was busy at work and Vanessa had to do some running about for work so i had to baby sit Ross having nothing to do stayed along after he dropped me off. Riley was very fussy after her bath and i had fed her she would not go to sleep, no matter if i played her favorite lullaby from YouTube, no matter if i song it she just would. i watched as Ross held her in his arms as he slowly walked about her room humming.

  I've tried playing it cool
But when I'm looking at you
I can't ever be brave
'Cause you make my heart race

Shot me out of the sky
You're my kryptonite
You keep making me weak
Yeah, frozen and can't breathe
 ...........

Riley cries began to calm down as Ross sing to her. his pointer finger wrapped up in her small hand. i watched in utter amazement as he moved with her gracefully his walk was like a dance moving to the beat of the song. Looking at him with Riley in his arms i felt so overwhelmed to see them, two people i love so much love each other was the best thing to see, riley expressing her love for him in her own baby way.i could i ready tell she was falling to sleep as ross paced slower and came to a stop next to me placing her in my arms. smiling i walked with the sleeping baby and placed her in her bed. releasing a sigh of relief ross turned on the baby monitor as we walked out of her room. Down i the living room Ross and i dropped ourselves down on Vanessa's couch.

" I am exhausted." i said yawing as i stretched out on the sofa placing my head on the arm rest and throwing my legs over Ross's lap a he grabbed the remote and turned on the television and switched to a random channel. "i have a show tonight you coming?" he asked glancing at me for a moment before switching the channel. "probably." i said running my hand through my hair before taking a rubber band and wrapping my hair up into a bun. " what time?" i asked curling my toes as ross took his other unoccupied hand and rub below my bare feet not in a way to tickle me but to massage it. "8:00" he said. Ross is in a band with some friends he is the lead singer and ever since we finished exams he and the band really took off playing at bars and concerts until graduation. humming an okay i relaxed i his touch only for it to be disconnected. opening my eyes i saw that he was on his phone then placed it to his ear. "Hey baby." he said

somebody kill me now.

HER.

"i miss you too." he said giggling. goddamn that was one of my weaknesses.

rolling unto my tummy i placed both my hands under my head as a pillow i didn't want to take Vanessa's off her sofa because i know how she can be.

"i'm over at Vanessa's with Laura we've gotta babysit." he said, he hands rubbing my legs gently, so I'm guessing he placed the remote down.

"Babe stop." he said voice a bit serious yet edgy. i knew she said something about me .

"no babe i can't, I've got to-" he said but i guess got cut off. he hands on my leg seized.

"I'm Home!" shouted vanessa from the front door as it opened. Springing out of the sofa i almost fell but quickly cut my balance running to her and bean bouncing "ME ME ME ME! What did you bring me!" i bounced excited. smiling at me she said "Gogurt like you asked for." she said digging into one of her bags and pulling out my pride and joy. bouncing around i ripe the plastic open and pushed it into my mouth. "I don't even get why you like it so much it's not even a food." she said strolling into the kitchen. "So Vanny is here you ready to go?" ross asked, i know that wasn't the only reason . "What why?" "Well modesty wanted to spend a little time with me before i left for the concert tonight.." he said scratching his head, he didn't know how i was going to take it. "Ross isn't today suppose to be our day? you spent all day with her yesterday." i said tears began pricking my eyes but i held it,was i ever going to get a chance to spend time with him? "Yes laur sweety i know but, it's just that uh....gosh i don't even know how to explain it but.... come on Laura please i promise to make it back up to you."  i'm sick of always coming in second, okay i know it sounds selfish that i'm suppose to be second i'm just his best friend but come on when his heart is broken i'll be the one he'll be crawling back to , the only one who will make time to hear his heart's cry, because at the end of it all it'll be ross and laura, but noooooo...

rolling my eyes i grabbed my back and my gogurt in my next. "Okay whatever. Vanessa we're leaving." i said "okay baby be safe." she said back as i walked out the door ross right behind me. walking to his Audi i said nothing as i strapped myself in.

"are you mad?" he asked softly as he took a sit. turning my head towards the window i ignored his question. with a sigh he buckled his seat belt and brought the engine to life

..............................................................

HOPE YOU ENJOYING 

I THINK I SUCK AT THIS SHIT

-CB