CHAPTER 9

Today was the day we've been waiting for

Graduation

"Oh my gosh Ross i can't believe time has gone by so fast." said Modesty in the passenger sit of ross's car as she fixed her makeup. All graduates had to be at the school early to be prepared and olivia and i got a ride with ross, who had to get modesty. to say we were suffering was an understatement. "Not fast enough" liv mumbled besides me causing me to giggle. "you guys sharing a joke behind there without us, how self-fish." Modesty said in her pitchy voice, a fake smile plastered on her face. "oh um nothing." Liv said also placing a fake smile on her face. i saw Ross looking at me through the mirror and i gave him lopsided grin which he returned with a wink. "Oh god we're here!" i began bouncing as we pulled into the parking lot and to a stop. there were so many kids here all bustling to go into the auditorium before the rain began falling, it looked like it was gonna to be a big one.the weather looked terrible.walking inside with olivia, ross and modesty leading the way hand in hand, i sent a text to my parents telling them to hurry because the weather looked bad. Vanessa, Riker, my parents and Ross's parents were gonna take one vehicle and come to our graduation.. By the time we had gotten into the auditorium the rain had started falling. Heavily.

2 hour later and there was no sign of my family or ross's. "Come on laura stop stressing something probably held them back, or they had to turn back for something for Riley, they're probably here and we don't even know,do you see this crowd. it's already time for us to collect our certificate." he said nudging me. as soon as he said that his name was called. "Ross Lynch." a bunch of cheers went out through the crowd. yes ross was a popular. ross and i was sat next to eat other because well i guess no one made children that had last names that fell between Lynch and Marano making ross the last L and me the first M,weird right?what happened to all the manns,mandellas. "Laura Marano." as i began getting up i saw a man walked over to ross and pulled him in a corner. ignoring it i started making my way to the stage but of course not without a grand entrance i tripped over my my feet trying to look at the crowd to see if i saw my family or ross's but i needed up on the grown. One of the men on the stage quickly came to my assistance and i was back on my two feet. collecting my award and smiling for a picture i began making my way off the stage only to be grabbed by someone.my head whipping to the side i found ross a fearful,nervous, scared expression of his face. "ross what wro-" i began but got cut off i realized his finger were trembling. "Laura we have to leave now." he said pulling me out the auditorium and following a man. "what,ross what's going on?" i asked i was starting to get scared. "Laura our they got into an Accident they're at the hospital we have to go now." he said and we started running. we ran out the school, we ran through the rain and into the car. my graduation hat soaked in the school's parking lot.

----------------------------------

By the time we had gotten to the hospital. we were soaked not only with rain but with sweat and tears. my feet ached because i had pulled off my heels. ross was infront as i followed him,as he followed the man, the man being one of ross father's work men. "Lynch & Marano." the man infront of use said. as the nurse gave him instructions i held unto ross' arm who quickly pulled me into his embrace one of my hand coming up to hold one of his we were both shaking.

walking to the waiting area we began pacing the room. the man,Curt, had gone to do some work. "Lynch & Marano." A doctor came out white hair, tall and lean skin tan. ross and i quickly walked up to him the both of us completely forgetting we still had our graduation gown on,soaked. "please have a sit." the doctor said with a paper in his hand. "i c-can't s-s-sit" i stammered, neither of us sitting. "okay that's okay.but i have some very- it's hard to say this but-i'm sorry t-they didn't make it." Numb i felt numb, i knew tears were pouring out of my eyes. i knew i felt nothing but i know i was crying screaming maybe but i couldn't tell i was feeling dizzy but i still kept my balance. "i do have more new though, good new atleast." he said my ears perking up. "the baby, she made it, no major injuries, a small scrap on her hand but she made it." "Oh my god" i gasped, Riley. "w-what happened?" ross spoke up from his silence i had kind of forgotten he was there. "the bad weather had an affect on road, they had smooth wheels, and incoming Dear ran straight across them, the driver,Riker i believe tried to not only save the dear, but everyone else. apparently the babies mother had seen it coming a pushed herself infront of the babies sit blocking any impact from coming to her daughter.I am truly sorry for your lose, there was nothing we could do, they all lost so much blood." the doctor said, "W-where is she?" i asked, i just needed to hold my niece. "you can see her now if you like the nurse will take you there, mean well, sir you have some documents to take care of." the doctor said walking away with ross as the nurse took me to see Riley.

walking in to a room i saw her she was wrapped up in a blanket crying, it's like she knew. taking her in my arms, hearing her cries made me broke, dropping to my knees i balled, i let go of all the pain i was feeling, Riley seemed to be screaming too her body shaking as she cried, large arms wrapped around around on the ground, i quickly recognized them to be ross, as he started crying on my shoulders too. Riley, Ross and I. cried on that hospital floor. all evening.