Chapter 3

It's me, hi. So apparently there are pet amber alerts....Idek...like, that makes me think your dog got freaking kidnapped or something. Oh, yes, language is highly possible for this story.

And by that, I mean there will be cussing, because I can.

[Note: uh, there isn't really a specific point of view, although it seems like Percy's. So it'll seem like it changed about two hundred words in.]

"New Yorkers are weird," he muttered, beginning to walk towards the train.
*****

Percy stopped dead in his tracks, looking back at the three boys. There was the one whose money he had taken, a pale boy that was wearing all black. Percy appreciated the style though, as he didn't really seem to care about his appearance all that much. Then there was a more muscular, Chinese seeming boy. But that wasn't what caught Percy's eye. It was the small, Latino boy, crookedly grinning at the other two.

Leo fricking Valdez.

Leo was originally introduced through Percy's friend, Jason, who was introduced to Percy by his sister, Thalia, who Annabeth had known. Would Leo even remember Percy? Worth a shot.

He cautiously approached the three, and the pale guy's head turned towards me. "Dude, I told you-"

Percy held up a hand to silence him, ignoring his muttered protests. He turned to Leo. "Um, do you know anyone named Percy?"

The boy's eyebrows raised. "Yeah, but I haven't seen him for five years, probably more."

"You may be seeing him right now."

"Percy?"

Percy slowly nodded, unsure of what reaction he would get. Leo's face broke into an even bigger grin, if that was humanly possible. He awkwardly swung his arm around Percy's shoulder, which didn't really work out since Percy was about half a foot taller.

"So, that's Nico, and that's Frank. Guys, this is Percy. He's cool, and he's sort of a mur-"

"'Murican."

Leo stifled a laugh. "Not telling, I see."

Percy rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Well, er, I should probably go get on the right train."

"Where you going?"

"Rachel's, even though it's not really your business."

Leo nodded, mischievous smirk on his face. "Cool, cool. Okay, bye!" He gently shoved Percy away, left with the other two again.

"What was that all about?" Nico asked awkwardly.

"He's weird," Leo replied casually.

"And how exactly do you know him?" Frank joined the conversation.

"He knows Jason, Thalia, Rachel, and Annabeth, but then he got into a bunch of trouble."

"When?" Nico asked, eyebrows scrunched together.

"He was just twelve, so five years ago, I guess."

Frank shook his head. "What kind of immense trouble can a twelve year old boy get into?"

"I mean, he took three dollars," Nico said, acting like it was something that happened everyday.

Leo laughed quietly, earning a glare from Nico. Frank dismissed himself to go hang out with Hazel, his girlfriend, so Nico and Leo decided to go on a secret spy mission, as Leo had called it.

They went back up to the extremely loud city, hailing a taxi, waiting for ten years, and finally getting one. They paid the driver, handing him a slip of paper with the address on it.

"You think Grover found someone yet?" Nico asked, staring out the window.

Leo shrugged, even though Nico wouldn't see it. "Maybe, but sometimes it takes a while for these things, and plus, who would want to live with Grover?" He asked jokingly.

Leave it to Leo to make offensive jokes.

The two arrived at the mansion a few minutes later, climbing out and scurrying to the front gate.

"Rachel, open the gate, it's Panda and Leo," Leo said into the box.

Nico rolled his eyes at the name, walking with Leo to the front door, opened by Rachel. They walked inside.

"So, I'm expecting someone, and I'd appreciate it if you, ya know, get out," Rachel said, standing in the doorway.

"That's why we came over!" Leo said, plopping down in one of the chairs. Nico leaned against a wall as Rachel glared at them.

"No, seriously, leave."

"We already know it's Percy."

She sighs. "Nico doesn't even know who Percy is."

"Yeah, but he took, like, three dollars, so they're somewhat familiar,"

"He- never mind. Just don't interfere."

"Can we spy on you, though?"

She stifles a laugh. "I know Nico can, but I'll bet you five dollars you get caught."

Leo nods. "Nonbeliever. Challenge accepted!"

There was a knock on the door, and Rachel waited for the boys to get out of sight before going to open it.

She opened it, revealing Percy. "Hey."

"So how'd it go?" Rachel asked, curious about how the meeting went.

"Does this answer your question?" He asked, taking something out of his pocket and tossing it Rachel's direction.

She caught it, looking at it in her palm. "You got it?" She asked, surprised.

"Yup," he nodded, holding out his hand.

Rachel set the keys back in his hand, and they headed upstairs.

Leo led Nico to the staircase. "Up we go!" He whisper yelled.

Nico rolled his eyes, following Leo quietly up the stairs. They reached the floor that the two were supposedly on, but they only saw Percy, leaning against the wall. One of the doors was open, and Nico assumed she was in there. While they were waiting for anything to happen, Nico got a better look at Percy.

He was actually attractive in a rugged skater kind of look. His hair was obviously not cared for, as it was simply swept over his forehead, probably not cut for a while. From what Nico could see, Percy just had regular green eyes, which was apparently rare. He was slightly tan, not too pale and not too tan. His skin tone suited him well.

Rachel walked over to Percy, leaving the room she was in. She pointed to the staircase, and Percy looked over.

"Wait, that doesn't count!" Leo exclaimed, emerging from his hiding spot.

"Why doesn't it?" She asked rhetorically. "Pay up, Valdez."

Percy cautiously sat down in one the chairs, listening to Rachel and Leo argue.

This was bad.

But I actually know someone whose first name is Rachel and middle name is Elizabeth. That's always fun.

Lmao, I dunno if it's just me, but I literally read all of these notes are boringly as possible, and it annoys me.

*omf, I need to sneeze*

*it's gone now*

Bye!