Chapter 47

Hi there. This chapter is twice as long as normal solely because I hit 1000 words and then couldn't find where to end it, so I just kept going. Even now the ending is trash, but I was determined to finish this chapter.

I guess enjoy???

"Nothing, you just smiled when you said his name."
*****

Percy quickly picked up on both Albany's routine and Will's mannerisms in the past couple of days. He didn't necessarily think the two of them would stay "besties" or anything after one of them left, but they were friendly with one another in the current situation.

Nico, on the other hand, was still a slight mess. He laid on the couch with Jason sitting in the nearby chair, the television playing softly in the silent and dark apartment. While Nico stared at the TV in front of him, Jason took time glancing between both the show and Nico's face, admittedly a bit concerned that Nico still hadn't fully returned to his normal life.

Although, Jason pondered, Percy was a part of his normal life.

Finally, when the current season they were watching ended, Jason decided it was as good of a time as ever to talk about it.

"Hey," he began, ignoring the next episode that started in the background. They'd seen it a million times before.

Nico glanced over at him with raised eyebrows, slowly sitting up with his back against the side of the couch.

Jason sighed, mentally facepalming after asking a very obvious, "You miss him?"

The younger of the two nodded. "Will you judge me if I say something really cheesy?"

"Not out loud," Jason said, knowing he'd probably have to fight the urge to roll his eyes.

Nico seemed to ignore his comment, probably not really caring whether he would judge him or not, and continued saying, "I feel like...something about me is incomplete. I don't know if it's just because visiting was a daily part of my life, and now I just sit here or what it is. Something's missing though."

"Is it because you got to the hugging phase?" Jason asked quietly, fully aware he'd kill the moment.

"Shut up," Nico rolled his eyes, laughing softly, before adding a nearly inaudible, "Gods, I wish I could hug him again."

Jason sighed, pushing aside the end comment since he was fairly certain he wasn't meant to hear it. "Nico, you really like him, don't you?"

Nico ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know. I'm scared to commit to that kind of idea, to be pathetically blunt. There's so many things that could go wrong, especially with his situation."

"What situation?" Jason asked him.

"Jase, he's in juvy–"

"Ignore that," the blonde cut him off, "If he was living as a kid in our school that you didn't need legal permission to see, what would your answer be?"

"Since when did you become a fucking matchmaker?" Nico muttered under his breath.

Jason raised his eyebrows. "So that's a yes."