Chapter 6

Wtf, this is already at 70 something reads? What is this nonsense? Do you people actually like this?😂

This author's note is gonna be long, lmao. But I SWEAR SOMEONE FREAKING SAID MY NAME EARLIER, and I'm pretty sure my family thinks I'm insane, but whatever. Anyways, here's my stupidity:

I was at practice, and we were taking a quick break to get water. So, one of the girls on the team, let's call her Bessy (my mom jokingly calls her car Bessy, lmao), and a few others were talking, one of which was me. I actually forget what the whole conversation was, but it came to the point where Bessy said, "I wasn't loved as a baby." And I started laughing in the middle of a drink, which isn't fun.

Thanks a lot, Bessy.

(Lol, Bessy has the same problem as Annabeth. Their names aren't real names or some crap. Like, why are Nico and Percy fine, but Annabeth and Bessy have red lines under them. Stupid typing.)

"We're going to Piper's."
*****

The two arrived at Piper's house, hoping that Percy was still there. They weren't sure if they would get there in time, but Nico knocked on the door quietly. When no one came to the door, Nico rolled his eyes, opening the door. Piper usually forgot to lock it, which probably wasn't very safe. Once Nico and Grover were inside, they locked the door behind them.

You're welcome, Piper. We just freaking saved you from robbers.

Grover heard muffled voices coming from the large family room, and gestured for Nico to follow. Of course, the crutches weren't helping since they made noise every time they hit the ground, but Grover was trying his best to quiet them. They stopped, peering into the room. Percy and Piper had their backs turned towards the two boys, which they were both glad for.

They apparently were in the middle of a conversation, but neither of the boys could make out what they were saying.

They saw Piper begin to stand, turning their direction. Nico panicked for a split second before yanking Grover away. To his surprise, Piper grabbed his arm, stopping both boys.

"Why're you stalking us?" She whispered.

Nico shrugged. "Curiosity."

"Well, curiosity killed the cat, now get out before you die. For unrelated reasons, of course."

He rolled his eyes in response, but continued asking questions. "Do you know what's wrong with him?"

"What do you- no. I didn't even know anything was wrong."

"Oh. Well, why is he-"

"Catching up," she said, cutting him off. "Now I suggest leaving before he sees you."

"Too late." The three all looked towards the doorway, seeing Percy casually leaning on the frame.

"Er, hm, this is awkward," Grover said, clicking his crutches together.

"There is nothing wrong with me, so you can chill."

Nico's eyes widened slightly. "You heard that? Oh, um, I didn't mean it like-"

"Dude, I honestly don't care," he held up a hand.

Nico didn't expect Percy to be like this. He hadn't really had a decent conversation with him, but he just seemed to laid back and calm. Almost emotionless. Honestly, it unnerved Nico a bit. He had just seen Percy much more vulnerable, and now he was completely fine.

Nico really wished he could do that.

"I'm gonna go," Percy said, heading towards the front door.

"I'll come with!" Grover said, hurriedly heading after him.

Once they were gone, Piper slapped Nico's arm. He shot her a glare. "What?"

"You broke into my house?"

He shook his head. "Nope, you just failed to lock the door. Again."

She sighed, facepalming. "Damn it."

"Ya know, someone is going to actually break in and murder you someday."

"Probably, unless my dad is home," she laughed at her own statement. Piper didn't dislike her father, she just wasn't very fond of the time he spent with his job instead of his daughter. She was basically in this huge, probably creepy when alone, house all by herself most of the time. They were actually planning to get Annabeth in there, since it'd give Piper come company, and get Annabeth closer to everyone else.

"I should probably be leaving," Nico said, taking a step towards the exit.

"Just don't freak out around Percy. He's cool, I swear."

Nico nodded, waving as he walked to the front door and pushed it open. He took a deep breath, walking out of the property and back into the streets. Percy and Grover seemed to be completely gone already, probably going back to their apartment.

He decided to just head back home. Jason was most likely home, but Nico wasn't sure if Thalia would be. Thalia was an actual adult, and she was basically Jason's legal caretaker, even though she was just his sister. Their mom had died in a car crash years ago, so Thalia took over. Nico was just living there until he figured out what to do, since he was the only member of his family left, but that's not including his father since Nico didn't really know where he was.

He walked for a few minutes before arriving at the small apartment building. The apartments were bigger in their building than in the one Grover, and Percy now, were living in. Nico headed to the second floor, taking the key out of his pocket as he approached the apartment. Once he arrived at the door, he unlocked it, going inside.

"Anyone home?"

"In here!" Called a voice from the other room. Nico went to the location of the reply, which was in one of the bedrooms. Thalia and Jason were both there, eyes glued to the TV.

"What're you-" Nico was shushed by the two siblings. He rolled his eyes, sitting on the bed next to Jason.

He looked towards the TV. It was the news. All three thought the news was usually boring, but every once in a while, it provided something actually interesting.

Today was one of those days. He listened to the man on the screen, who seemed to just be at an intersection. There were flashing lights behind him, which was never good.

"Just moments ago, two young men were hitting by a car that was speeding by. They are currently being taken into medical care, but further information has not been given. We are unaware of the victim's names as of now, but he hope to get them soon. Back to you-" Thalia paused the TV.

"You guys realize where that is, right?" She asked, turning to the boys.

They gave her questioning looks, and she sighed before answering.

"That's right outside Grover's apartment building."

Piper isn't meant to be a bitch if that's what you're picking up on.😂 And lmao, this story literally sucks, but I'm continuing anyways, so too bad!😆

K, yeah, bye.