Chapter 56

So I wrote most of this chapter and when I came back to it to finish it, it was back at 200 words. How was everyone else's day?

He leaned forward and connected their lips.
*****

Nico was fucking astonished. He had to force himself back into reality after Percy cautiously pulled away and looked at Nico in what seemed to be shock. Nico figured that wasn't how that worked since Percy kissed him, but he let it slide, mostly just because he was a bit overwhelmed.

"Holy shit," he whispered under his breath, lifting a finger to his lips before looking at Percy. "You just..."

Percy's mouth was agape momentarily before he finally remembered how to speak again, "I, uh...sorry, I should've clarified that that was what I was going to do. Actually, I wasn't even sure it really happened until a few seconds ago, so there's that. Um, I'll leave now, this probably sucks a lot for you because I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, oh my gods–"

Nico gently placed a hand on Percy's cheek and smiled at him. "Well, Percy, I had no idea what I was doing either. So I thought it was pretty great."

Percy slowly shook his head, the absolute mortified and panicked look on his face slowly fading away. "You're so amaz...can I kiss you again?"

Nico rolled his eyes playfully but closed the gap between them. Percy could literally feel Nico's smile against his lips. The older of the two mentally thanked the Grace siblings for being gone, although he was one hundred percent sure they'd planned on this happening.

"I guess I should be thanking you," Nico relaxed back into the couch and smirked, "I'm one hundred percent sure I'm gay now."

Percy's face went from momentarily confused to a happy disbelief as he shoved Nico's shoulder for the remark, earning a laugh from the younger boy that, as always, blessed his ears. The two just stared at each other in a rather cliché manner until Nico's phone rang and made both of them jump. Nico leaned towards it so see the caller ID and sighed when he saw Jason's name.

He picked up the phone and held it to his ear. "What do you want?"

"Hello to you, too," the blonde murmured, not actually offended, "Don't blame me because your date went wrong. Anyways, change of plans: I'll be back in five minutes so don't do anything you don't want me walking in on."

"Your two sentences there just strongly contradicted each other," Nico rolled his eyes.

Jason shrugged, even though the other boy on the call couldn't see. "Figured I'd take all the possibilities into consideration. See you in five."

Then he hung up before Nico responded. Percy stifled a laugh as Nico tossed the phone on the couch beside him and groaned.

His eyes flicked over to Percy. "Are you staying here tonight?"

"Unless you want me walking back home through New York in the middle of the night," Percy said, "then yes."

Nico shot Percy a mischievous look. "I have a feeling you'd be just fine walking through the city this late."

"Yes, yes, very funny," Percy waved him off, "reference the criminal record, why don't you?"

Nico returned to one his prior positions as he leaned against Percy's shoulder and gasped dramatically. "I was doing nothing of the sort."

"Mhm," Nico felt Percy hum softly into his hair as his arms gently wrapped around the younger boy, "fuck you."

They just sat there in silence for a few minutes before they heard the front door being unlocked. Nico wasn't phased by it but felt Percy flinch behind him and frowned. As expected, Jason Grace walked, set his stuff down, hung up his jacket, looked over at the two, and smiled like a fool.

"What do we have here?" The blonde smirked, walking behind the couch they were on.

Nico glared at him. "Go to bed, Grace."

"You don't even pay the rent here," Jason acted offended, "and you're telling me what to do."

"You don't pay the rent, either," Nico squinted at him, not really sure why Jason was suddenly an idiot. He acted weird on the phone as well.

Nico thought he probably shouldn't complain since Jason was acting more carefree and fun than normal, but the opposite of that was usually how Nico defined the blonde's entire being.

"Where did you even go?" Percy asked quietly.

Jason shrugged. "Not really sure, Leo kind of just dragged me around."

"I don't think letting him do that was the brightest idea you've had," Nico stated the obvious.

Jason just shot Nico a smile. "Every idea I have is a bright idea."

Nico shook his head, fully aware of the slightly shaky breathing from the boy with his arms wrapped around him. "That's debatable."

Jason mouthed 'haters' at the younger of the three. He then grabbed a water bottle and box of cold pizza from the fridge and walked to his room. He dopily waved at the other two boys before disappearing behind his door.

"I need to go home," Percy whispered after a couple of seconds.

Nico frowned, pulling out of Percy's arms and turning around to face him. "Why? What's wrong?"

"He," Percy said, nodding his head in the general direction Jason had gone, "is drunk, and I don't know where Leo took him or what the hell happened. But I can't be here while he's like this. Nico, I'm really sor–"

"Hey, no, don't be," Nico cut off his apology, "I get it. I'd rather you be happy, and if you need to leave to do that, please do."

Percy sighed and stood up, grabbing the few things he'd brought with him. Before heading to the door, he leaned down to Nico and pecked his lips one last time for the night before opening the apartment door. Nico stopped him on the way out.

"Remember that criminal record," Nico winked.

Wow, a big oof as usual, whoops. I literally can't write any kind of romance at all, please help me. Like this pains me to rEAD.

Anyways, hope everyone has a good week.