Chapter 11

Lmfao, ignore my publishing fail from the last chapter.

Percy bit his lip, sighing. "Y'know, I really am fine. You guys can all chill, god."
*****

Y'know, you're really not fine. You're just a waste of time and space. I can help you fix that....

Stop.

All you need is a knife, or a bridge, or a car, it's your choice. So many options.

I'm not using anything.

For now.

"-ercy?" A distant seeming voice rang through Percy's mind, reality snatching him back.

Percy blinked, reassessing himself with the situation. "Mm?"

"You kinda zoned out," Grover responded, face wearing a look of concern.

He nodded, waving it off. "Sorry."

Grover took a deep breath, relaxing as he exhaled. "It's fine."

Percy got to his feet, absentmindedly brushing himself off and walking towards the door.

"Where're you going?" Grover asked, standing up.

Percy shrugged in response, silently walking towards the exit, ignoring Nico on his way out. He was pretty sure Nico had tried to say something, but he didn't listen. He just needed to be alone with his thoughts.

Honestly, though, that wasn't any better.

He headed out into the city, walking to the subway station. The two would probably go and look for him, so Percy figured he should get decently far. Or at least be random.

The second choice was Percy's.

He got a ticket for the next train, not really caring where it was going to. Percy waited about three minutes before it arrived, and he quickly got inside and sat down. The train left the station, Percy attempting to ignore the others riding with him. He sighed, closing his eyes as he listened to the varying sounds around him. They all seemed to blend together, though, so there wasn't much to listen to.

The train halted, jerking Percy out of his relaxation. He left the train and the station, not caring to look where he was. Once he reached ground level, he studied the area. It was still the city, probably just another part of Manhattan.

He should probably study up on his geography.

Pushing aside his poor sense of direction, he began strolling down the sidewalk. He avoided any potential conversation, stepping away from anyone walking near him. He still couldn't seem to think of a reason as to why he left with no explanation. He would be going back soon enough, but he realized all the solitude he was in when after Gabe wasn't very helpful.

His social life disappeared.

But he didn't care. It meant he could do whatever he wanted and nobody would care, which was always a plus. Percy couldn't seem to imagine a situation in which he had someone he actually liked care about something he did. He had the ones from before, but they were oblivious.

Or maybe Percy was just good at hiding things.

Maybe.

*****

Percy needed to get a phone. He also needed to get money, which meant getting a job, which would be near impossible for Percy. He was told that he was being sent back to school next week, which Percy didn't think was enough time after five years. He still had people come and teach him, but Percy was cooperative when it came learning. Why?

Because why learn when you can experience?

Why be told about something when you can find out yourself?

Anyways, Percy suddenly realized he had a lot to get done, and he was out here, wondering aimlessly.

"Back to the apartment, we go," Percy said to himself before sighing and walking the way he came.

Upon arriving back at the station, he searched his pockets.

Nothing.

Crap.

He didn't know how far he was, he couldn't call anyone, and he had no money.

Wait.

That's what maps are for. He headed over to the wall, scanning the system map, which was near destroyed. He was only about ten minutes away from the neighborhood, thankfully. So he started walking. He wasn't going to get anywhere otherwise.

He stuck his hands in his pockets, zoning out as he walked. Somehow, he managed to not run into people, and he eventually saw familiar buildings in the distance. Percy sighed in relief, speeding up his pace ever so slightly.

He knew the apartment would only be a couple minutes away. The two that were there had probably left, though, since Percy just exited so abruptly. They were most likely trying to find him, but Percy just couldn't bring himself to believe that someone would care enough to look.

After walking some more, he finally saw the building. He sighed, causing himself to wince at the former rib injuries.

Stupid cars.

Percy quickly rode the elevator up, stepping out and knocking on the apartment door. It was almost immediately swung open, Grover standing in the doorway. "Percy!"

He nodded, silently stepping inside. He looked over at the couches and saw Nico, finishing a phone conversation.

"Why'd you leave?" Nico asked.

Percy shrugged in response. "Free country."

He headed over and sat down, Grover following suit. The three sat there for a moment of casual silence. There wasn't really much else to say. It was obvious Percy either didn't have a reason for leaving, but even if he did, they all knew Percy wasn't going to be telling why.

He was very reserved, Nico decided. He seemed to keep to himself most of the time, not really opening up. Of course, Nico still wasn't sure why. There was that one time, though.

A ding interrupted the calming silence, Grover sighing as he pulled out his phone, the said sign turning into a groan.

"Gotta go to Frank's and finish some project for science. I'll be back later," Grover said, grabbing some stuff and heading out of the apartment.

Nico looked over at Percy, who was looking at the door like he was making escape plans. "I need a phone," he muttered, standing up.

Nico followed suit, nodding his head in agreement. "I'll come."

Percy looked over as a sign of acknowledgment before leaving with Nico.

Oh, look at that. I actually updated.

I was uninspired by life.

Also, I need to say something: I was watching The Voice, and Blake and Adam kept saying, "What's your name, man?" I was kinda dying trying not to break out into song. And there will probably be a bunch of random Hamilton references in this book.😂

I'm kinda obsessed.

Anyways, I try not say this every chapter, but comment, vote, whatever you wanna do.

If you want.

Free will.

Feedback encourages updates.😂