Chapter 7

AGE OF ULTRON IS ON, FTW. (It'll probably be over by the time I publish this [it is]) So I'm over here trying to write and watch at the same time. Excuse any mistakes. Let's go.

"That's right outside Grover's apartment building."
*****

Jason's eyes widened. "What?"

Thalia nodded, pulling out her phone. She dialed Grover's number, receiving no answer. She sighed, calling Reyna. After only one ring, she picked up. "Hello?"

"Did you see the crash outside of your building?"

"I'm at the hospital right now because of it, actually."

She looked over at the two boys, who couldn't hear the conversation. "Is Grover okay?"

"You might just want to come see for yourself."

Thalia told Reyna goodbye before hanging up and dragging the boys out of the room. The three headed out the front door hurriedly, going to the car. Thalia drove them to the hospital in silence, not caring about traffic laws at the moment. They arrived at the hospital shortly after, seeing Reyna as they rushed inside.

She was with Piper and Annabeth, the three talking in whispers. Jason, Thalia, and Nico joined them, stopping the conversation.

"What's wrong with him?" Jason asked, a calm tone masking his panic.

"Grover? Just a couple stitches on his arm," Piper answered

"Then why'd you suggest coming over here?" Thalia chimed in.

Nico had a sudden realization, looking at the girls. "Is it...?" He faltered.

"Percy," Annabeth said, finishing his question with an answer.

Thalia blinked, exchanging glances with Jason. "He's out?" Her question was answered with nods from the four that already knew.

"And he's already injured," Jason said, sighing.

Grover walked into the waiting room, looking around at the others. "None of us can go see him if you're wondering. We aren't family." His reply was many groans and sighs as he joined them in the chairs.

"What happened?" Nico asked.

Grover shrugged. "It was mostly a blur, but I remember a car speeding down the road, and-" he stopped.

"And what?" Piper asked, urging him to continue.

"Percy kind of, I think, pushed me out of the way."

A nurse walked out. He headed over towards the group, calmly sitting in an empty chair next to Reyna. "Your friend, does he have any family you could contact?"

Annabeth shook her head. "The only people we could contact aren't anywhere near New York."

He looked around cautiously before whispering, "I'll take three of you in there if you don't say a word."

The seven exchanged glances. "Thalia, Grover, I assume you'd want to go?" Annabeth asked.

Just then, the doors opened again, three new people walking through. Hazel, Frank, and Leo. Leo opened his mouth to say something before seeing Grover and closing it. Thalia and Grover accepted the offer turning towards the others.

"Who else?" He asked.

"Nico," Grover suggested.

Nico was surprised. "I barely know him!"

"I'm the same way, Nico. We just met this morning."

Nico thought for a moment, sighing. He nodded, following the nurse with Thalia and Grover down a hallway.

They arrived at a room, and the nurse hesitantly pushed open the door. Thalia gasped, heading to the bedside.

Nico slowly walked after her, taking in the scene. Percy was unconscious, his body littered with bruises and scratches. He was shirtless, probably because a long gash ran down his side, looking like it still needed to be tended to. His rib area was bruised seemingly worse than the rest of his body; some of them were probably broken.

Nico sighed at the boy, looking over to Grover. He seemed shocked, like he didn't know what to think. Nico walked over to him, a questioning look on his face.

"You okay?" He asked, following his gaze back to Percy.

He shook his head. "He did this...to help me...Nico, I feel awful."

Grover looked at Nico. "I just don't get it," he whispered. "He's only known me for a few hours, and he still risked his life."

"Quite loyal, isn't he?" A voice from behind the two said, making them both jump, turning around. It was a woman with long, black hair pulled back into a ponytail. She had gentle grey eyes, specks of blue littering them around the pupil. She was in her uniform, a clipboard in her hand. Her name tag read Dr. Strathman.

Grover nodded as a response. She smiled kindly at the boys, walking over to Percy and writing things on her clipboard. Nico sighed, sitting in a chair. Although she wasn't looking at the three, she still asked the question they were hoping to avoid.

"So what's your relation to him?"

Thalia returned to the two boys, all three exchanging glances. Nico didn't feel right lying to whoever this was, so he explained their scenario.

"Where are his parents?" She asked, wrapping Percy's arm.

Thalia shrugged, even though the doctor couldn't see. "Dead," she said, hint of sadness in her voice. Dr. Strathman nodded understandingly, not asking any more questions.

She crouched down, gently shaking Percy's shoulder. "Perseus? Wake up?"

Percy's eyes fluttered open slowly, and he winced. At what, nobody was really sure.

"What hurts?"

"Everything," he muttered, eyes beginning to close.

"Come on, Perseus. Gotta stay awake now."

Percy shot a glare at the woman, causing her to give the three others an inquiring look. All she got for an answer was shrugs.

"Perseu-"

Percy cut her off. "It's Percy."

She nodded, studying the boy. He was intriguing, that's for sure. He glanced over at the three, flinching from the movement.

"I'm sor-" Grover began saying, but was stopped by Percy. He should really stop interrupting people right now...

"If you apologize, I might explode," he said, lifting his gaze to the plain, white ceiling.

Grover nodded before Percy continued. "It was my choice anyways."

"A stupid one," Thalia muttered.

Percy's eyes drifted to her. "Yes, you still are so kind."

She rolled her eyes. "I'd hug you, but that probably isn't very helpful in this situation."

He nodded weakly in return, the room falling into silence.

You deserve this.

Yeah, the nurse is a guy, and the doctor is a girl. Deal with it. Gender stereotypes are stupid anyways.

Mmkay, bye.