Chapter 59

Approximately eight years later, I finally updated. Also, for those of y'all that didn't read the author's note before this, we're gonna be wrapping up soon even though the Percico is pretty much nonexistent. In summary, I didn't know what I was doing and can't save this plot, so I'm trying to finish so I can start something where I actually DO know what's going on.

Anyways, have fun with my not so gr8 chapter. Love y'all!

[edit from when I finished it: this chapter is sO BAD WLFOEKFKD I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT]

"To my closet, we go!"
*****

"I've already been here for too fucking long," Percy muttered as he flicked through some of the clothes in Grover's closet. He had absolutely no idea what he was looking for, but he also didn't want to just stand there and watch Grover find an outfit for him like he was useless (although, in this specific instance, he pretty much was).

"Percy!" The black-haired boy heard Grover shout at him from five feet away and had virtually no time to react before he was hit in the face with an article of clothing. He grabbed it as it fell from his face and held it out for inspection. It was a deep blue-ish green button up, a rather abnormal color for Grover to own considering he didn't even have a black one.

"It matches your eyes," Grover said as he looked for pants that would fit Percy, still louder than necessary for the closer, "He'll think it's dreamy or something, just wear it!"

As his roommate proceeded to throw some options for the bottom half of Percy's body in his direction, Percy mentally thanked whoever controlled the universe for letting him find Grover. The sweet and admittedly awkward boy had been nothing but supportive and trusting towards him, and Percy knew he'd be nowhere without him and Nico.

"Hey, Grover?" He called out, leaning against the doorway with all the clothes draped over his arms. The other boy peeked out from his corner and gave Percy a questioning glance. Percy just smiled, though, and gave him a simple, "Thank you...so much."

Grover's face lit up at the comment as he made his way over to Percy and offered a hug. The taller of the two didn't have the heart (or the right, to be really honest) to reject him and accepted, careful not to knock over his crutches. It wasn't something he could say he'd done yet, but there was a first time for everything, especially in Percy's case.

Once they broke apart, Grover pointed at the pants in Percy's arms. "Are any of those your size or was this a failed mission?"

Luckily, they found a pair that fit, and Grover sent Percy on his way to get ready. In classic Perseus Jackson fashion, he had only left himself about twenty minutes until Nico was supposed to get there. However, in classic Nico di Angelo fashion, he got there five minutes early and had to temporarily wait for Percy to make himself presentable. He passed time talking to Grover in the main room until Percy finally entered the area.

"Grover, do you know where the hell I put my pho—oh, hey," Percy stopped walking and gave Nico a small smile when he walked out. He then glanced to Grover, who pointed at his phone sitting on the couch.

The three talked for a couple of minutes, not in much of a rush to get to where they were going. Percy and Nico decided to leave once Grover started poking fun at the former, who quickly took Nico's hand and pulled him out of the apartment before his laughter turned into teasing as well.

*****

"There's no way," Percy said through stifled laughs as Nico recounted his favorite stories about living with the Grace siblings.

Nico nodded with a smile. "Leo is, like, a home-wrecking professional."

"How you've put up with him and not somehow ended up in prison with me is a miracle," Percy noted, gently kicking Nico's foot under the table.

The shorter of the two rolled his eyes. "I have unbelievably good self-control," he placed his hand on top of Percy's, "hence why I took you to dinner."

"Hey," Percy protested, "is that any way to treat your date, di Angelo?"

It is when he acts this happy to be somewhere. Nico just shrugged at him, casually taking a sip of his drink.

The green-eyed boy rolled his eyes and continued stabbing at his food. The remainder of the dinner was filled with lighthearted chatter, something Nico realized wasn't as common as he thought it was in the past with Percy. They seemed to be previously stuck in disaster after disaster, and Nico was glad they could finally just relax and enjoy each other's company.

*****

Nico figured he had done something right when he found himself wrapped in the arms of a slumbering Percy on the taller boy's couch. The two had been watching cliché Netflix originals with Grover for a couple of hours, ignoring any second thoughts of how tired they'd be tomorrow (except for Percy, apparently, who decided to clock out early).

Once three in the morning hit, Grover also decided to call it a night and left the two to their own devices on the couch. Percy managed to knock Nico off the piece of furniture soon after, so the latter took a trip to the kitchen to find a snack. Food would pass the time, after all.

He returned to find Percy turned completely around with his face buried in the throw pillows on the couch. Nico set his food down before grabbing a blanket and placing it over the sleeping green-eyed boy.

"Goodnight, Percy," Nico whispered, quickly pressing a gentle kiss to the boy's temple. He walked to his car in blissful silence.

Just saw the dates, the last chapter was really published in August so apparently I'm not doing too hot with this.

Y'all, Happy December, I guess.
[EDIT: it's January. And also 2020. Happy new year, everyone! ...And it's February. As you can see, I struggled a bit with this chapter LMAO]