Chapter 29

Recently I realized that this story is kind of all over the place😂😂 Like, we went from manslaughter to panic attacks to vandalism to murder?

This chapter is, once again, pretty dialogue heavy. And really awkward.

Anyways, enjoy😂👌🏻

Also shoutout to @cubone for being a dedicated, pleasant reader💙 I would like to dedicate this chapter to you even though there's a possibility it might get kind of dark😂😂

{TRIGGER WARNING: chapter contains mentions of murder}

"What were you told about Percy?"
*****

"Why do you ask?" Thalia inquired, slightly puzzled.

Nico shrugged. "It's just...this is still all really confusing to me, you know?"

"I can see where you're coming from, yes," Thalia replied with a nod.

"Maybe I...maybe I just didn't get the whole story," Nico explained his previous question, "So I was just wondering if you knew it."

"Long version or short?"

Nico furrowed his brows. "Short."

She gave him a half-nod, half-shrug kind of thing before beginning her story, "So I was a bit shocked at first, but I think I eventually understood. Rumor was that Percy's sentence wasn't as long as we all thought. He managed to break Luke and Ethan out for a weekend after they released him. Now I'm sure you realized that most of them are a bit on the wild side. Things got...out of hand, to say the least. The other two tried to stop Percy, but he apparently couldn't control his anger after something happened."

"What's 'something?'" Nico asked, fully aware that their two stories did not line up.

Thalia shrugged. "Luke never said. It had something to do with her, though." The electric-eyed girl had decided it was probably for the best if she avoided addressing Bianca by name.

Nico looked up to meet her eyes, a small realization clouding his thoughts. "You said Luke told you?"

She nodded, her face saying that she thought it was the most obvious thing. Nico thanked her before abruptly standing up and going to Jason's room.

He pulled a Thalia, knocking before just opening the door and peeking his head in. "Can I ask a quick question?"

"What's up?" Jason responded, propping himself up on his elbow and setting his phone down.

Don't answer questions with questions, Jason, we've talked about this.

Nico simply sighed at his flat mate, continuing with the aforementioned query. "What were you told happened with Percy?"

"He killed-"

"No, like, the story behind it."

A confused look covered Jason's face, but he answered anyways. "Honestly, I didn't get much of a story. I was told he was with Luke in the subway when something happened with her and Percy, don't know what, and all hell broke loose."