Chapter 52

Welcome. So we're skipping a week or two and going to the day Percy is released. That's really all you need to know right now, I believe. Enjoy!

Also a small PSA: I wrote the first 30% this while running on two and a half hours of sleep and a twenty minute nap before dinner. Just a fair warning.

"I sure hope you're right, Solace."
*****

Percy absolutely hated the pat-down that one of the police officers was currently doing. It was one part of their standard procedure before discharging any of the juveniles, but that didn't make him any less uncomfortable with the excessive touching that was going on. He completed everything he needed to do before he was told to sit in the lobby while they brought out his belongings—also known as his phone and his wallet.

He glanced around the front room, wondering what it'd be like to only show up to visit someone. Percy would never know that feeling fully, considering he spent a good amount of his life in the Manhattan facility. While he could learn what it's like to be a visitor, he knew all too well what the other side felt like.

Percy shook away the thoughts right before someone sat beside him. He sighed, glancing up to see what idiot had sat directly next to him even though there were plenty of other seats. He was instead met with the face of Jason Grace, who happened to not be an idiot.

"They let you go yet?" Jason questioned with a smile.

Percy shook his head, "They're bringing my stuff out, but then I can leave. I thought Nico was gonna bring me home?"

"We're surprising him," Jason explained, "Obviously he already knows you get out today, but I turned off his phone alarm and alarm clock. Thalia's stalling him until we're back."

"Will he be okay with that?" Percy asked with raised eyebrows.

Jason stifled a laugh as he imagined Nico trying to brawl with either of the Grace siblings, "He will be once he sees you."

Percy's face reddened at an incredible speed, "Jason Grace, I swear to—"

"Well shit, man," the blonde interrupted as the officer brought Percy's things out and gave them to him, "I thought I would have to pry more to get that reaction."

The two were sent on their way. As they walked to the car, Percy continued the conversation, "What reaction were you trying to get?"

Jason opened his door and climbed in as Percy did the same, "I'll tell you later."

"We're literally the only two around right now."

"I'll tell you later."

Percy sighed, "You confuse me."

Jason just shrugged as he started the car, pulled out of his parking spot, and took off. Much of their ride was spent in silence, since the two never got particularly close. Percy may or may not have taken a thirty minute nap, he really couldn't tell when he was conscious. They arrived at the Grace's apartment, walked into the lobby, and entered the elevator.

"Grover wants to see you, but it'd be suspicious if he was just randomly in the apartment," Jason informed him, "so Nico or I can take you over to his place when we're done."