Chapter 15

IM FIFTEEN CHAPTERS IN ALREADY AND LIKE NOTHING IS HAPPENING BC IM TRASH

BUT OKAY

*cLeArS tHrOaT*

The last five hundred words were written before seven AM on my day off.😂

Let's go.

KIND OF TRIGGER WARNING I THINK (this entire book is a trigger warning) AND I DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT THE CODE SO IM NEGLECTING IT.

TRIGGER WARNING: MURDER AGAIN YAY (it's written like crap so I mean)

Nico could already tell this wasn't going to end well.
*****

Even though they had managed to catch a glimpse of the scene, they were kicked out right after. They all went to sit in the cars and wait. Eventually, an ambulance pulled up, and they wheeled someone out on the gurney, putting them in the back. Leo, Nico, and Jason, who were all in Nico's car, had a very brief discussion about why it might've been there. Nico, exhausted from the day, slowly fell asleep in his seat as they waited.

*****

"You okay, Reyna?" Grover looked at the girl sitting next to him, concerned.

She looked towards him. "That was just a bit..."

"Eventful?" Grover suggested.

Reyna nodded in response.

Before Grover could say anything else, their friends all burst through the door. Apparently they were allowing people to live normally now that all evidence was removed.

"Care to explain?" Piper inquired.

Grover sighed before starting the story. "Basically, the front desk person was being threatened by some guy with a knife. So Mr. Get-Myself-Killed," he said, most likely meaning Percy, "decided to get in some fight with this guy and help the lobby person. This fight resulted in an injured Percy and an injured lobby worker."

"Is he okay?" Nico chimed in, sounding slightly concerned.

Reyna nodded. "He'll be fine."

"According to the police, I have to go to the hospital and fill out a bunch of stuff with Reyna," Grover stated, standing. "Feel free to go in the apartment." He held out keys, which were gently taken by Jason.

The two left while Jason, Nico, Frank, and Leo went up to the room. Since Annabeth was going back tomorrow, her, Thalia, Hazel, and Piper went to do a variety of things.

After the door was opened, Leo immediately went into the kitchen. The other three sat down, turning on the TV. Leo came back with a bag of chips and sat with the others. They sat in silence as they watched the show.

*****

Percy hated the hospital with every bit of him. It was uncomfortable, hot, sad, and just generally brought back too many memories. He stood at the window, looking out at the highway, when the same doctor from last time came in.

"I'm not sure you're supposed to know, but you're going to be allowed to leave today," she said with a small wink before walking out.

Percy sighed in relief, going to sit on the bed. He glanced at his bandaged arm, debating with himself over if the cut were scar. The guy at the building got quite violent. The situation was terrifying, but Percy was not going to let someone else get killed while he was around. He sighed, mind wandering back to the last time.

{flashback}

Percy sat in his room, trying to make out the yelling that was coming from the kitchen. He had heard the yelling enough, so it didn't really concern him. What did concern him was the sudden scream that interrupted their usual habits.

It was his mother's scream.

Percy, although told to stay in his room no matter what would happen, bolted out of the bedroom and ran to the kitchen.

Gabe had done it.

He had finally pulled the knife out on his mother.

Percy tackled Gabe, unwilling to stand and watch this happen. Of course, Percy was a measly 47 pounds at his young age, so Gabe easily threw him off towards his mother. He scrambled towards her in an attempt to escape Gabe's rage. She tried to grab him, but Gabe beat her to it, grabbing his ankle. He held him up, knife to his throat. Percy smelled the excessive amount of alcohol and had to fight back a cringe.

"Gabe, no!" His mother cried desperately, terrified at the thought of losing her son.

He ignored her, but removed the knife from Percy's neck. He was about to stab his chest when he, again, got tackled by his mother. Instead of driving the knife into Percy, his mother took the blow, and immediately went limp on the ground.

Gabe threw the knife down and left the apartment. Percy's eyes widened, and he quickly ran to his mother's side. The sight petrified him. He couldn't move. He couldn't reach for the phone to dial 911. He couldn't say any last words to her. He could hardly even breathe.

Her eyes fluttered, that perfect (SORT OF SUBTLE, AND PERFECT, AND REAL) smile overpowering signs of pain in her face. Her tears eyes glanced over at Percy. She weakly lifted her hands to wipe away a tear Percy didn't even realize was there. Slowly, her arm fell and her eyes closed as she took one final breath.

Percy, breaths jagged and body shaking, stared at the lifeless figure in from of him.

"Please," he pleaded, voice breaking, "please wake up. Please let this all be a dream."

But it wasn't. And she never woke up.

{flashback completed}

Percy sat on the bed, breaths matching his ones from ten years ago. He swallowed, fighting back tears. He put his head in his hands with a shaky sigh.

"It's all my fault," he whispered to himself, the words being barely audible.

[A/N written Sunday, Feb. 19]

Ew what have I written?

I've gotten up before six this entire weekend. I have a project due Tuesday that I just started, and that's about it.

So thank goodness for President's Day.

[written on President's day]

Did I ever specify Percy's age when Sally died? If so, I probably messed it up😂 If not, there it is somewhere in that chapter.

Also, new drinking game: take a shot every time I said his mother in this chapter. I lowkey didn't wanna put Sally, solely because I felt like it might kinda kill the mood😂

(Who likes Lams? I like Lams.)