Chapter 10

[written right before publishing: I changed my username! It's now BroadwayTrash_PJO. I like it more than the old one😂 Anyways, you can continue]

Just in case I didn't already mention it, there's been an issue with the transfer, and it messed up my italics. I'm planning to go back and fix that, but I currently cannot. Also, the lack of update is because I was vomiting since, like, 2AM every half hour Thursday morning.

I'm fine now, though!😂

But my fam and I went bowling today, and we all had to, like, figure out how to play again since we hadn't in a while.😂 My brother threw the ball in the gutter the first five or so times he bowled. (He's 17.😂)

Bless your soul, child

And then they waited.
*****

A few minutes later, Dr. Strathman, along with Thalia and Grover, arrived at the scene. They walked over quietly, or at least they probably were. The city was loud; it was usually hard to tell what was quiet and what was loud. Dr. Strathman crouched down near Percy, looking him over.

"How did he even get out here?" She asked, confused look on her face. She seemed as if she was talking to herself, though. Maybe that was something doctors did.

There was a series of shrugs and phrases of uncertainty. She sighed, turning towards Grover. "Just...take him home. Let him rest and heal. Keep a close eye on him, though."

Grover nodded in response, the Grace siblings and Dr. Strathman leaving shortly after. "You have your car?" Nico inquired, gently shaking Percy's shoulder to wake him up.

"Yeah, but I can't really get him there," Grover replied, gesturing to the metal crutches.

Nico, giving up on his wake up attempt, hauled Percy up, who was surprisingly lighter than expected. He dragged him to the car, Grover following. The two somehow managed to get Percy inside before driving back to the apartment.

*****

They pushed open the door, heading inside. Nico returned Percy to his room before heading back into the main room with Grover.

"Well, these two days have been interesting," Grover muttered.

Nico nodded in agreement, sitting down on the couch. He scanned the room, something Nico seemed to do a lot. He felt the need to assess himself on his environment. It just made him feel a bit safer wherever he went, although safe wasn't a very good word to describe how Nico usually felt.

So I guess he just felt less like everybody around him was about to whip out a gun and start shooting. (Line dedicated to me. This is legit my life😂 Don't judge me.)

He sighed, looking towards Grover. "Thoughts on Percy?"

"He might be the weirdest human being I've ever met," Grover stated bluntly.

Nico stifled his laugh, nodding. "What do you know about serotonin syndrome?"

Grover shrugged in reply. "Something about meds."

"Dr. Srathman said something about Percy showing signs of it," Nico informed him. Grover grabbed his laptop, opening it up.