Chapter 33

YALL SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE, LIFE'S BEEN BUSY.

But I need to write because I really need a break from school, and I need to do something recreational or I'm going to explode so have a chapter.

And a run-on.

Also I'm sorry, this chapter sucks😁😂

The shot was fired.
*****

Nico's mind was already fucked enough by the time they'd received the second wave of news. When Thalia broke the news that a certain green-eyed boy, undoubtedly the one Nico had flipped out on just recently, was injured the same way his friend had been just days before, it was incredibly overwhelming. Not to mention his grades that were slipping by the minute.

And, you know, his sanity.

Nico barely left his own room during the next three days until Jason forced him out of the complex and to the hospital. On the drive to the drug-smelling container of death, Nico couldn't help but ponder how Percy got hurt. Certainly, Luke didn't get him. Perhaps it could have been Ethan? Or someone else Nico didn't know about?

After all, it seemed there were a lot of people Nico didn't know about.

Finally, the two boys arrived at the medical center. Although it was Jason's idea to come, even he seemed reluctant to be there. Nico was sure Thalia probably made him go and take Nico along, but he could never really tell with the Grace siblings. They checked in, were informed of the rooms that the Stoll brothers and Percy inhabited, and headed to the elevator. Jason sent Nico off to Percy's room, heading to the Stolls'. They'd switch later, according to the blonde.

Nico strolled down the hallway, watching the numbers on the door increase as he walked down the corridor until he arrived at room 322. Not really sure of proper hospital etiquette, Nico was about to knock on the door when it opened and revealed a young nurse.

"You here for visiting, darling?" The woman asked him with a heavy southern accent. Upon seeing the teenager nod, she continued. "He's asleep, but you can come in anyway if you want."

Nico just nodded again, entering the room after the nurse stepped aside and walked further down the long hallway. He sat in one of the bedside chairs, sighing as he lowered himself into the seat and looked at Percy. There was silence, aside from a few miscellaneous medical items, in the room until Nico spoke up.

"So you're asleep, huh?"

Almost instantaneously, one eye peeked open at Nico before the other followed. "What gave it away?"

"Breathing patterns."

"That's nice, you memorized mine?" The sea green-eyed boy asked mockingly.

Nico rolled his eyes. "It's a talent."

"Sure. You forced here?"

"Possibly." The younger boy muttered, hoping his lack of desire to visit wasn't offensive.

Percy nodded. "Which one?"

"Probably both, but Jason got stuck with the driving."

"Typical. So how's school?"