Chapter 20

Well.

I apologize for the apparently late update. I also apologize for the cringe that you are about to witness. I'm almost positive that my grammar there was completely incorrect, but do I really care?

(The answer is yes, but I don't know how to fix it so too bad for me, I guess.)

"They're both waiting for interrogation."
*****

Thalia blinked, trying to comprehend the information. "Why, exactly?"

"We'll explain at the station," the woman assured, bidding goodbye before hanging up with Thalia.

"Grover and I should probably go alone," Thalia said, sighing. There were some uneasy nods from the group before the two left for the police station.

Grover stared at the window for the first half of the ride. "What do you think happened?"

Thalia shrugged. "To be honest, I don't have the slightest clue what they could've done."

After the conclusion of their ride, the two entered the police station. They exchanged glances before approaching the front desk. The apparently unfriendly man at the desk glared up at them from his book.

"Can I help you?" He spoke, sighing as he closed his book and set it to the side.

Thalia took a breath, choosing her choice of words before speaking, "We were called about Luke Castellan and Perseus Jackson. They said they were waiting for interrogation?"

The man rolled his eyes, turning towards his computer. "It appears that Mr. Castellan is available if one of you wants to speak to him," he informed the two, obviously bored.

Thalia replied, "I'll go see him."

"Go through those doors and wait for an officer," he paused, pointing towards a set of doors before concluding with a sarcastic, "Have fun."

Once Thalia walked away, the man looked at Grover. "You can sit in one of the chairs."

Grover smiled nervously, cautiously making his way towards the seats as the man returned to his reading.

Thalia, on the other hand, leaned against the wall, tapping her foot impatiently. It really hadn't been a long time, but the guy at the desk bugged her. Finally, an officer came through a second set of doors before smiling at Thalia. "For Mr. Castellan?"

Thalia nodded, allowing the man to lead her down the hallway. The officer checked his watch quickly before continuing to look forward.

"How would you happen to know Luke?" The officer asked, looking towards Thalia.

Thalia shrugged. "We're...acquaintances." (When you're writing two books at once and have no idea how everyone knows anyone else so you just guess and hope you're right.)

The man looked confused. "Then why did he request to call you?"

"Probably just called us because Percy called us," Thalia guessed.

"And Mr. Jackson knows you how?" The officer continued with his own interrogation.

Thalia answered, "We go back a few years. He's friends with my brother and me."