Chapter 12

This book is so cringeworthy. I'm dying lmao, but, like, move on from the past, I guess. I GOTTA SUM STUFF UP IN THIS STORY BECAUSE MY ORIGINAL PLOT WAS COMPLICATED AF, OOPS.

Percy looked over as a sign of acknowledgment before leaving with Nico.
*****

The two boys left the building silently. Nico, not having known him like the others had, wanted to catch himself up. Percy began walking, Nico trailing behind as he thought of a conversation starter.

"So...," he said, taking a few extra steps to stand at his side.

His eyes glanced over at Nico questioningly.

"I can't start conversations, nor can I read minds, so you'll have to do something other than look at me," Nico explained, slightly confused.

Percy smirked, "Words aren't needed for some."

Nico shook his head. "Not exactly sure how to take that, but don't try to get poetic."

"Why not?"

"You probably suck at it," he said, earning a small laugh from Percy.

He nodded, "You're probably right."

The two continued walking, the conversation beginning to become less awkward. They eventually arrived at the closest electronics place. (Idek, sue me.)

"What are you gonna get?" Nico asked, curious.

Percy sighed. "Whatever's cheapest."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Funny. I don't usually make the plans."

Nico rolled his eyes, looking around. "Technology is expensive, oh my god."

Percy laughed quietly, "Exactly."

After picking something out, which did not take long at all, they began to head back towards the building.

"How far even is your house from here?" Percy asked curiously.

Nico shrugged. "I'm actually living with Thalia and Jason as of right now."

Percy nodded at the answer. "Good choice. As long as the 'get togethers' don't bother you."

"The what?" Nico blinked, processing his words.

"I see Thalia has lowered herself on the party scale?"

"Oh, not at all. Why the word usage though?"

"She always called them get togethers, but people change," Percy said, sighing as he continued, "I missed a lot, apparently."

"Did Jason care?"

Percy laughed. "Very much so. That's the main reason she didn't call them parties. He's not exactly the most outgoing guy alive. Unless that completely flipped, too."

"It didn't, don't worry," Nico held back a laugh as he almost ran into a pole. Percy, on the other hand, laughed ever so quietly at Nico's failure as he continued walking.

"When are you going back to school, by the way?" Nico asked.

Percy sighed. "I would prefer not to go at all, but I'm heading back Monday apparently."

They had arrived at the building, and Nico bid his goodbyes. Percy headed back inside, setting up the phone. Once he got into the apartment, he saw a piece of paper sitting on the table. He picked it up, his dyslexia making his attempt to read it actual hell.

Headed out for a little bit. I'll be back soon, add me in your contacts.
(987) 654-321
*I didn't want to put an actual number. Do not try calling that.*

Percy grabbed the note and sat on the couch, finishing up the phone's setup. As told, he added Grover into his contacts. He decided against texting him, since he might've been doing something important. *I left off here and have no idea where I was going oh my god*

He couldn't decide what else to do before a knock sounded from the door. Percy groaned quietly, beginning to make his way towards the noise. He opened it, his eyes meeting the face of Reyna.

"Is Grover here?" She asked, her eyes glancing around. Percy shook his head in response. "Where'd he go?"

Percy sighed. "I honestly have no idea. You can come in, though."

She nodded generously, stepping into the apartment.

"Would it be bad to ask why you're looking for him?" Percy asked her as he closed the door.

Reyna shook her head. "We have a project due Monday. I heard you come back to school the same day. Was I told correctly?"

He nodded. "Wish you weren't."

"It really isn't that bad," Reyna said, trying to brighten his attitude about school.

They both sat down as Percy sighed. "Maybe not for you. Maybe not for Annabeth. Maybe not for most of you. I just have this feeling that it won't be any better than it was before."

Reyna, along with the others who had known Percy before the "incident" happened, we're all aware of Percy's detestation towards school. Personally, Reyna was never told exactly why, but she definitely had her assumptions.

Before either of the two could speak again, Grover opened the door. He set a bag on the table before sitting down with Percy and Reyna.

"Sorry for making you wait," Grover apologized to Reyna, situating himself on the couch. She waved it off, dismissing the issue. Percy, not wanting to distract or disturb their work, made his way towards his room.

He sighed, relieved that his life didn't suck 100% at the time. He had a place to stay. For now, at least. He wasn't sure how long Grover would tolerate him. He had a phone, but he didn't have any guardians to contact in the first place. He also had people that didn't completely hate him. Percy wasn't completely sure that they knew the important details about him, but that didn't matter at the time. He figured he should be okay for another week.

Then he remembered school. He still had education the past years, of course, but it wasn't actual school. There weren't any people to make Percy's life miserable. Just the tutors that come and went. (Idk how anything works, why do I write) That seemed to be their job, anyways.

Percy decided that he should really rethink his idea of how much time he had left before it all went downhill

Lol sorry, I haven't updated in forever. Life exploded. AND SORRY FOR RANDOM TYPOS AND WEIRD GRAMMAR BECAUSE IM TYPING THIS ON A PHONE😂

Buh-bye!

(I was told to listen to She Used to be Mine. It's beautiful omg. Go listen to it😂)