Chapter 22

AGH IM SO SORRY FOR MY LACK OF UPDATE. FORGIVE ME, CHILDREN. ALSO THIS CHAPTER IS JUST REALLY BAD. (I have an audition on Wednesday if anyone is interested in my life.)

"I don't know."
*****

The rest of the week flew by with Percy trying his best to avoid Clarisse. When she asked him that question, his emotions flipped out. He wasn't going to break down his own walls over some random guy he just met.

Or anyone, for that matter.

Those walls would stay intact, no matter who did or didn't like it.

Much to his dismay, though, they'd recently been cracked excessively. He just needed to find the metaphorical plaster before something brought a wrecking ball into his life.

He just hoped he was alone when something did.

Maybe I should just never leave this room and-

Percy's thoughts were interrupted by a sharp pounding on the door.

"Get up, jackass!" He heard an all-too-familiar voice shout.

"Travis, stop yelling," a different voice said harshly.

Percy rolled his eyes at the brothers, finally rolling out of bed and abandoning his plans to stay in there forever. Once he opened the door, he was greeted with the two boys arguing in whispers, stopping after they noticed him. The three walked down to get breakfast, unsurprisingly being the last ones there. Percy wondered what he would be doing right now if he wasn't in his particular situation.

Wait.

Sunday?

"It's visiting day," he stated, not exactly meaning to say it out loud.

Chris rolled his eyes. "Of course it is."

For some odd reason, Chris hated visitors. It was an unspoken fact. Whenever Sunday rolled around, he did his best to stay away and alone.

Clarisse was visited almost every week by Silena and her boyfriend, whom everyone except her referred to as Beckendorf. The Stoll's just had each other, but Connor made sure to visit Travis the one week he was out.

And Percy? Well, Percy never really got visitors. Annabeth visited him two or three times a year, maybe. By the time the third year ended, though, the two lost all connection. He accepted it as soon as he realized it was happening. Not that it surprised him.

Apparently, though, that statement would be changing that day.

"Jackson, someone's here for you," an employee called from the exit.

Percy's eyebrows furrowed as he muttered a simple "what the fuck?" under his breath. Nonetheless, he turned his head towards the door to, surprisingly, see Nico di Angelo.

"Oh," Percy bit his lip awkwardly, "hey."

An awkward silence implanted itself in the room as soon as Percy greeted the younger boy.

"Well, uh, come sit?" He suggested, gesturing to the empty seat next to him.

"Oh, sure," Nico brought himself back to reality, blinking before walking over to the table and sitting beside Percy.