Chapter Twenty-Two

22.

What? How did they know? Was I meant to know that they knew?

"Excuse me?" I started straight at Ashton, who was staring straight at the ground. I felt like I should've known that people knew about our relationship before everyone else knew.

"Well it's quite simple really..." Luke started, "Calum will explain." Calum glared at Luke, he obviously didn't want to explain this either.

"Well it started off with a bet between Luke and I. I thought that Mashton wasn't real, but Luke thought it was. We only betted like ten dollars on it though." So people betted on whether my relationship with Ashton was real or not?

"Anyway, when we were at Ashtons house like a month ago when he was all drunk, Luke was like 'I think they are gonna make out, I'm gonna go under Ashtons bed and prove it by filming'." Ashton seemed just as surprised as I did at this part.

"So you guys did as one of you probably remembers." Luke continued, staring at Ashton who rolled his eyes in return.

"Yeah, so I showed the video to Calum and I won ten dollars." It seemed over, but it didn't make sense why Ashton has been acting guilty for the last few days.

"Then, we wanted to prove it when we went shopping with Ashton. So we asked him and he told us everything. Literally, all the make out sessions, all the arguments, all the hickeys..." Calum winked at me, which I found outragous. I knew Ashton was glaring at them two, that's why he was acting all suspicious.

"So he told you everything? Unbelievable." I flipped the bird to the three of them, before heading to the door frame.

"By the way, Mashton isn't real anymore. Calum you might want your fucking ten dollars back." And that was how I broke up with someone for the first time.

One might think I was being over-the-top, but I didn't want my (ex)boyfriend telling others things I didn't want people to know. Although I had already told people about us, well partially, I didn't tell them about giving one another hickeys! And atleast I could trust them, unlike Luke and Calum who couldn't be trusted with anything.

---

It was now the third day since I broke up with Ashton. Since then, I have ignored the three boys all together, and have also heard the heartbreak song a hell of a lot more times. While I was ignoring them, everytime I passed Luke, he would start screaming out lyrics to the stupid song.

I had spent most of the time in my bedroom listening to bands such as Fall Out Boy, and trying to ignore reality, but who knew that sometimes you have to eat? Everytime I was forced to eat food, I would pass Ashton and his hair would be all perfect (everything about him would be perfect) and I just wanted to grab onto him, while I looked like a rat that had been rolled around in dirt.

Why did I break up with him? This question raised a bigger question, why did I ever have to fall for him. Why did humans have feelings? Why did people have to eat? Why did people keep secrets?

"Why?" I sighed, reminding me of the first note I had sent, which made me bang my head against the wall and make me do another rotation of the questions about my life.

I needed to either get over Ashton, or get together with him again. He seemed to be over Mashton, maybe I just needed to make him jealous. Maybe he was gaining happiness with my pain. I just needed to show him that I can be strong over a breakup.

Grabbing an American shirt, and black skinny jeans, I was about to head to the bathroom when I spotted my collection of hairdye. I was about to grab the blonde one, when I spotted one I had never used before, a pink one. Why not?