Chapter Thirty-Seven

37.

"Two-thousand and fourteen has been just great so far." I mumbled to myself as my eyes opened. I was on the floor in Niall's loungeroom, I must've passed out on the couch the night before and I fell off, or someone pushed me off.

It was still quite early, because everyone around me was still asleep. I tried to get back to sleep, unsuccessfully. There seemed to be a racket coming from somewhere, but I was comfortable in my unusual position. "Fucking hell!" I heard a familiar Irish voice; Niall.

After I had stretched my arms, I lifted myself off the wooden floor and towards the kitchen where Niall's cursing had came from. There was broken pieces of glass scattered around the floor, the result of a broken glass. Niall had already started to clean the pieces of the floor, so I helped him pick them up. I ended up with a few small cuts in my hand, but they weren't serious.

"Thanks." Niall said as I slided the glass into the rubbish tin.

"No problem." I mumbled in return, before straighening up my clothing.

As I looked at the cupboard on the other side of the kitchen, my stomach started to grumble with hunger. Although the cupboard was closed, I knew it would contain delicious food inside. The thought of what kind of food could be in it, made my stomach hurt more.

"Can I get something to eat?" I asked Niall, and he nodded his head in response. I knew that I would probably throw up whatever I ate, but I had to enjoy the taste of whatever food he had.

I opened the cupboard, and there was mostly just buscuits and other sweets. There wasn't a wide range of cereal there, so I chose the only one that I sort of enjoyed. Cornflakes. Although I had only had the cereal about three times, it was better than trying one of the other cereals.

I poured the cereal into a bowl, followed by milk. I piled sugar on top, grabbed a spoon before sitting down at a table. While I was eating my cereal, the last person I wanted to see at that moment came into the room. Ashton. He didn't speak, he just walked to the cupboard and started to make himself food.

After I had ate my breakfast, I washed my bowl and left the room. By this time, Ashton had only just finished making a piece of toast, so I didn't have to talk to him. I walked back into the lounge room, sat on the floor and started watching TV. There was still someone passed out on the couch, so I didn't bother trying to get them off.

That's when that feeling came. The feeling of regret. Realising I shouldn't have ate the bowl of cereal. I made my way to the bathroom, looking in several rooms and stepping on people occasionally. Finally, I made it to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me, before kneeling down in front of the toilet.

"Why?" I mumbled, as the containings of my breakfast came back up. It didn't take long until my stomach was as empty as it had been before. I flushed the toilet, before lying back and biting hard on my lip. My hands messed up my hair as I stared up at the ceiling and listened to my stomach grumble.

"When will I be able to eat without it coming back up?" I asked myself as I stood back up. I looked at my reflection in the mirror for a moment, fixing my hair back up and straighening my clothing. My once bright pink hair was now fading, and I made a mental note to re-dye it one of the colours that the other boys bought me.

"Some people need to go to the bathroom, you know!" I heard a yell from the other end of the door. After I had stopped playing with my hair, I opened the door and walked past the couple of people who were waiting to go to the bathroom.

As I reached the lounge room, the couch was now unoccupied, so I sat down on it. I watched some crime show for a while, not paying much attention to the show, and more thinking about other things. Like, if me and Ashton were ever going to end up together once again. If he didn't want someone else to kiss me, he should have done it himself to make the girls piss off.