Epilogue

Epilogue.

*In third person*

As the door shut behind him, Michael entered the apartment. He was holding a bag in both hands that contained Ashton's favourite things. Michael had remembered most of them from when they met. His favourote movie, his favourite food, his favourite television show, his favourite soft drink, his favourite everything.

Michael was suddenly confused when he noticed that Ashton was no longer in the room that he had been before. The television was still on, and his phone was sitting on the couch, but he wasn't there. Was he in the bathroom? Michael thought, waiting for a couple of moments to see if he was going to return.

"Ashton?" Michael yelled, but he didn't hear a reply. Putting the bag down on the ground, he continued to yell out his name to see if he was going to reply. Where could he be? He thought again.

As he walked to the bathroom, the door was wide open. Did he leave the house? He thought once again, wondering where he could be. "Ashton, are you here?" He yelled again, searching in the other's bedrooms.

When he reached Ashton's bedroom, bad thoughts suddenly rushed through his head. He was too scared to see if he was in there or not, but he had to face his fears. Slowly, he opened the door, and as soon as he saw him he the only sound that could be heard was his screaming.

His lifeless body hung there, his beautiful hair was covering most of his face. Michael couldn't believe what he was seeing, he couldn't believe what had just happened. He was in shock, he couldn't move, all he could do was scream. Scream until his voice was gone.

He was now on his knees, sobbing hysterically, wishing that he had never left his boyfriend alone. He was only gone for a couple of hours, but he should've stayed with him. Suddenly, he felt as though it was all his fault and he was to blame for his death.

"Why?" He whispered, his vision was blurry. He saw a piece of paper on the bed, and picked it up, reading it slowly. It only brought more tears, and it didn't take long until the whole piece of paper was covered with tears.

He didn't have to be sorry, he thought. He sat on the bed, blaming himself for it all when he heard the front door open. It had been Luke and Calum. He listened to their muffled voices for a couple of minutes, he couldn't speak.

"Where are Ashton and Mike?" Luke asked Calum.

"Probably out somewhere." Calum replied. "Wherever they went, Ash left his phone."

Michael sat silently, staring at Ashton's body. They must have started watching television because they had stopped talking. Half an hour or so passed before one of them had to go to the bathroom.

Luke walked past him while walking up the hallway, and then he saw something in the corner of his eye because he saw Michael sitting on Ashton's bed. He walked back towards the bedroom. "What are you do- Oh my fucking god!"

Michael didn't say anything as Luke stood in the doorway screaming just as he had been an hour ago. Calum came to see what had been going on and he joined Luke's screams as they saw Ashton's dead body. It was like a horror story, only worse.

"What are we going to do without a drummer?" Luke mumbled, sitting on the bed.

"Our fucking best friend/boyfriend is dead and you're asking what's going to happen to the fucking band?" Michael yelled, realising that he still had his voice. Calum didn't speak, he stood and watched as they fought.

"It's basically your fault he's dead!" Luke yelled, regretting it a moment later.

"I went out to get things that would make him happy, I didn't go out and pray that he would die!" Michael said, and Luke was about to say a comeback when Calum interrupted.