Chapter Forty-One

Forty-One

I woke up to the sound of police sirens passing the apartment. Opening my eyes, I slowly sat up in bed and stretched out my arms. The boiling January weather quickly came, so I threw my blanket off my bed and tried to become cool.

After opening my window, I grabbed my phone off the table and sat back on my bed. The loud noises of children yelling and cars passing by filled my ears, but I was becoming cooler. As I unlocked my phone, I noticed that I had four missed calls from Ashton, shit.

Clicking on the contact, I tapped the call button. I prepared myself for yelling as the calling sound played. As soon as it stopped, I pulled the phone a few centimetres away from my ear.

"Michael Clifford!" Ashton yelled, and I could hear Luke talking in the background.

"Why did you call me four times?" I mumbled.

"Well we tried waking you up because we were going to Nando's for lunch. But no, you had to stay asleep. So I called you so you might wake up, but of course you stayed asleep. But it's too late to come now we're about to leave."

"Okay then." I said, wondering if I would actually eat something if I was there.

"So yeah bye."

"Love you, bye." I replied, covering my mouth after saying it. "Shit, whoops."

After a moment I heard laughter in the background, coming from Calum and Luke. They sounded like they were about to run out of breath and fall on the ground, if they hadn't already. I didn't wait for Ashton to say anything else, instead I hung up the phone.

Looking at my phone, I noticed that it was one-thirty in the morning, and decided to get out of my bedroom. I grabbed a shirt off the ground and pulled it on, and did the same with a pair of skinny jeans. After I was fully dressed, I exited my bedroom and walked to the loungeroom.

After turning on the television, I flicked through the channels until I could find a decent show. It didn't take long until I became bored of the cooking show that was playing, but when I became bored, the three boys returned from lunch. Luke and Calum practically ran in with grins on their faces, probably wanting to scream of joy.

"What happened with to you two? You look like you're going to explode."

"Well we saw our girlfriends today." Calum smiled.

"And Ashton had to sit there while you made out?" I said, laughing.

"It was awful." Ashton mumbled, sitting down on the couch next to me. I smiled, imagining us kissing if I was there. But that would have never happened because, we weren't dating, and we weren't allowed to basically.

"I bet it was." I laughed, making a disgusted face thinking about Calum and Becca making out.

"He was just jealous because you weren't there." Luke stated.

"Well even if he was we wouldn't be able to." Ashton whipsered, looking over at me.

"Oh," Calum mumbled, sitting down next to Ashton on the couch.

An awkward silence spread through the room, and the only sound that could be heard was the television that wasn't even very loud. The silence among us four stopped when my phone vibrated in my pocket, signalling a new text. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it. Robert.

- Robert -

"You and Cecelia have a date tomorrow. :("

As I read the text message, I knew that Robert knew about Ashton and I. He probably knew before management knew, he was always an observant man. I started to type a reply, and then tapped the reply button.