Chapter Thirty-Nine

Thirty-Nine

*Ashton's POV*

As we arrived back at our apartment, we met the mess that was our lounge room. We hardly ever made an effort to properly clean up the house, we usually yelled at eachother to pick items up off the floor. After I had put my suitcase in my bedroom, I headed to the coffee table and picked up the air conditioner remote, turning it on.

After the air conditioning started to blow out cold air, I joined Luke and Calum on the couch, who had already went back to their old habits of watching television all day. The show that was playing I could easily recognize as Friends, as the theme song had started to play.

"Why are we watching this Luke?" Calum asked, rolling his eyes.

"Don't you wanna find out what happens to Ross and Rachel?" Luke laughed in reply. Calum sighed continuing to watch the show.

Looking behind me, I noticed that Michael had left the room instead of joining us on the couch. He had been acting strange recently, and it had been making me feel quite suspicious. He used to be the loud one, screaming whenever he had the chance, he had became the quiet one who ran away whenever he could. Just thinking about that made me shudder.

As I zoned back into reality, I noticed Luke and Calum were now having an argument about who was the best character. "Obviously Joey is the best!" Luke argued.

"Not a chance! Phoebe is most definitely the best." Calum replied.

"Oh really." The two boys continued to bicker until the ad-break was over and the show contiued.

I tried to stop thinking about Michael, but somehow he continued to be the only person in my thoughts. After trying to focus on the television multiple times, I accepted the fact that I wasn't going to get him out of my mind.

The more I thought of him, the more I thought about him kissing that girl, kissing Becca, kissing anyone that wasn't me. Whenever I thought about that, I remember breaking up with Michael, and the scene replays in my head continuously. Then I think about Michael breaking up with me, which makes the pain worse.

Standing up to go to my bedroom, I was shortly stopped by Calum and Luke. "Why are you and Mike always ditching us?" Calum asked, followed by a shrug.

"I mean we aren't that boring are we?" Luke laughed.

"But seriously, it's like we aren't even your friends anymore."

"You are! It's just-" I tried to think of words to say, but my mind became a mess.

"Exactly. Do you hate us or something?" Luke stared at me for an answer, looking away when I couldn't think of the words to speak.

Without replying, I ran from the room and into my bedroom. I bit down on my lips until they were most likely pouring down with blood so I wouldn't cry, but eventually even that failed.

Grabbing my journal, I was about to write when I noticed yet another note on the front cover. Great. "Ashton Irwin. Are you happy? Really are you FUCKING happy?" I read the note aloud, before ripping it to shreds. It seemed as though the whole Earth had just turned against me.

Why did Michael start sending these notes? Why did Michael ever date me? How could have Michael thought of someone as awful as me and ditched a girl to be with me? Questions started to form in my head, and I found it hard to throw them out.

"No." I mumbled, reaching for my phone case.

"No!" I yelled now, throwing my phone across the room. It landed on the carpet, luckily not smashing.