5. Time travels and heart to hearts.

Extra looooong update. :P
Hope you enjoy. Happy reading! :)

Time travels and heart to hearts.

Ionora's Pov :

Darkness. It enveloped me like a thick blanket filled with solitude and numbness. I was free here. Free from the overly complicated reality that is my life. Everything I knew, or I thought I knew was being labeled as lies and I didn't know what to believe anymore. My identity , my past , the very foundation of my life was being shattered and I could do nothing but watch.

I didn't have to wait anymore in the darkness as I was soon falling into a vortex of colours which made me dizzy and I soon gave in and closed my eyes , letting the swirl of colours lead me to its destination.
When I woke up, I seemed to be in some sort of garden. A garden which had certainly seen better days. A garden which seemed familiar , like I had been here before , even though I never remembered being here.

I got up , or atleast tried to , and after slipping and falling on my numb legs , I finally managed to stand up after five attempts. Taking a look around , I started to take slow steps towards what looked like a gate leading outside the garden.

The gate looked rusty with the paint coming off in a few places but it was small enough for me to hop over it. The place seemed deserted with no one in sight. But before I could take a step further , a small girl who looked about 6 years old came running towards the gate. She climbed over the gate and ran inside the garden. She didn't notice me despite me being right in her line of sight and I assumed that I was not visible to her. I hopped over the gate again and followed her. She ran towards a bush with flowers and started collecting only the yellow ones. She was standing with her back towards me and I felt a strong sense of déjà vù like I had been here once doing the same thing. And I wasn't wrong. As she turned towards me I couldn't help but gasp and take a step back as I stated into the eyes of a younger me.
She returned to collecting flowers as she couldn't see me. As I stood there wondering what the hell was happening , the gate creaked and into the garden stepped a woman I hadn't seen in years.

"Aunt Marrise" , my voice came out as a shocked whisper.

Marrise walked towards the younger me and asked in a gentle loving voice , "What are you doing dear?"
"Look Aunt Marrise , I'm making a flower crown" the younger I replied eager to show her creation to someone.

"That looks beautiful dear. You'll have to make one for me sometime. But for now , I have something important to tell you so I want you to listen carefully , okay?" She waited for me to nod and continued , " I want you to tiptoe to your room and take whatever things you want because we are going on a trip , okay? I have already packed your clothes and other necessities so you can pack whatever else you want and meet me here after your mama and papa go to bed. This is a secret trip and if your parents find out then they won't let me take you. So you need to Pinky promise me that you won't tell anyone." She explained quickly but in a manner that 6 year olds could understand.

I could see excitement light up the 6 year old me at the prospect of a fun trip. She quickly pinky promised Aunt Marrise that she wouldn't tell her parents and ran away to pack , I assume. Aunt Marrise stood there for a few seconds with a troubled face but quickly went outside the garden but in an opposite direction to the younger me.

Before I could even decide whether to follow her , I was being sucked into another vortex but this time when I opened my eyes , I was in a white room which smelled strongly of antiseptic. Through blurry vision I looked around the hospital room and noticed a huge figure slumped on a tiny hospital chair. Well... He was too huge to not notice.