28 . Awkwardness and Lost Wolves.

Awkwardness and Lost Wolves

Ionora's POV :

I was generally a very embarrassing and awkward person. From choking on my own spit while eating food to replying to the waitress's 'Enjoy your food' with 'you too!', I had done it all. But this moment right here now made it to my top three embarrassing moments. What are the other two? Nope. I don't kiss and tell.

Thankfully, my stomach let out a mighty growl at the same time I said that, which made me relieved and super red at the same time. Hey, at least I wasn't lying about being hungry.

Zayden, after giving me a last look of hurt and disappointment, proceeded to mind link the cook to bring me food, which led to Ian and Vivian barging in the room and crushing me to death. There was also a lot of questioning to which I just stayed silent. Zayden just sat on the chair in the room, looking all grumpy because he wanted some 'alone' time with me. I was glad that I didn't have to continue the awkward conversation after our foiled almost kiss moment.

Just as Ian and my cousin finally left the room, the kind cook bought in my food which made me drool. What? I hadn't eaten in a day, okay? Don't judge. She had bought me some chicken soup and pancakes which were obviously meant I had to choose any one meal. But I obviously, me being me, I had both with two glasses of OJ she had bought.

And no. I'm not pregnant.

I was so engrossed in the food that I didn't notice Zayden slipping out of the room and my mother and aunt entering. It was when my wolf whined at the absence of her mate that I finally looked up and saw my mother and aunt staring at me with awe and adoration. Which was totally confusing since I probably looked like a pig who hasn't eaten in a few years. Yeah, it wasn't a pretty sight.

"Mom? Aunt Marrise? What's up?" I ask through a mouth full of pancakes. I could feel the syrup tricking down my chin.

"We need to talk to you. But maybe after you've eaten and cleaned up lest you create a puddle of syrup on the bed." Marisse told me, her lips twitching in mirth.

"I'm done." I tell her, pushing away the remaining food.
Just kidding. I never push away food. Never ever.

"Wait, how are you mom? And what happened that day? All Zayden told me was a bunch of crap. Flying in the air and eyes turning red. Yeah right. He must have hit his head pretty hard that day." I start chuckling at the absurdity of it all. Then I suddenly stop when I notice the serious looks my mom and aunt were shooting me.

"What? He was making it up right? Mom?" I asked, freaking out a bit.

"I'm afraid not, my dear. Every single thing he said was true. You really did manage to push off your father's spells with your powers." Mom told me, looking somber.

"Powers? What are you talking about? The only powers I have are, how do I say this, non-existent?"

"Did you forget about you being half wolf and half witch? Scratch that, you are half Lycan and not half wolf which already makes you more powerful than the average wolf. Add half witch to that equation and you are practically invincible." My aunt exclaims. Yeah. Powerful my ass.

I stare back at them both, refusing to believe it. They got to try harder than that. I mean, if someone comes up to you and claims you were flying while emitting white light, would you believe it?

That's right, no you won't. Unless you are downright delusional.

My mother sighs and walks up to my bed. She sits on the chair next to it and softly takes my hand in hers. They are soft and warm and everything a mother's touch should feel like. Immediately, I calm down at her soothing touch.