12 . Psychos and Murderers.

°°°°°°°°°°°°
Psychos and Murderers

Ionora's POV:

Have you ever been held at gunpoint? No? Well let me tell you then that you've escaped one of the most terrifying experiences ever. Each inch off my body was frozen in fear and while I fought to put on a brave face and keep the fear out, I was sure it was reflected in my eyes.

The woman holding the gun looked no less than 20 years old and I was sure that she was in her early 20s. Her eyes were cold, calculative and lifeless like she had just sold her soul to the devil. She probably had, judging by her sheer willingness to blow my brains out.

"Lupa Nokomis" She sneered. Lupa what?

"Uhhh.....I'm pretty sure you're mistaken. I'm not Lupa Noko-whatever you called me." I told her, backing off slowly.

"Ah......so young and clueless. My favorite type of prey" She said and then cackled.

Wtf?
Prey? Was this bitch crazy? Was I some sort of psychopath magnet now?

"Look, it was nice meeting you and all but I got to go now." I say anxiously, hoping she doesn't pull the trigger.

"You think I would let you go that easily, harbinger of war?" She said, cocking her gun and taking a step towards me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask her, tripping over my words, desperately hoping that the gun is a faux one.

"Too bad you won't be alive to find out." She gave me an evil smirk and pulled the trigger.

The loud sound of the shot reverberated on the hallway. I closed my eyes waiting for the bullet to hit me but it never came. My heart was in my mouth breathing like a damn drum in a hard rock concert and I felt like puking. Was this how death felt like?

I still had my eyes closed, afraid of opening them and seeing myself lying in a bloody puddle on the floor. That was until an angelic voice called out to me.

"Ionora? Ionora? Open your eyes. You're okay now."

Opening my eyes I gasped. "Ian? I always knew you were an angel. Have you come to take me to my final destination? Hit me with it, am I going to heaven or hell? Oh god! Its hell isn't it? I knew I shouldn't have stolen those cookies. " I rambled and then started crying.

Angel Ian looked at me like me I was cuckoo. What was he waiting for? Death himself?

"Nora, you're not dead."

"What?" I asked, my eyes tearing up again. " You're telling me that after all I went through just now , I'm not dead?"

"Yeah?"

I start sobbing uncontrollably. Ian stared at me with a bewildered expression and then looks behind me.

"She's in shock." Vivian said, coming over to me and lending me her shoulder to cry on.

"Wow. That's a weird type of shock. So how do we get her out of it?"

"Watch and learn." Vivian came over to me and slapped me hard right across my left cheek. Ian and I stared at her with wide eyes.

"Now I'm going to talk and you're going to listen. Understand?"
I nod, while rubbing my throbbing cheek. I was sure it left a mark. Bitch.

"Look around you, what do you see?" Vivian asked, holding my chin and turning it towards my left.