13 . Arrows and Guilts. (Zayden's POV)

Arrows and guilts

Zayden's POV :

It had been three days. Three days since she ran away, since my wolf completely stopped talking to me, since I last shifted and since I caught a wink of sleep. I always thought all these came after the rejection, but I guess not. I wondered if she was feeling the same wherever she was. I wondered if she was oka- NO! I shouldn't be worrying about the enemy.

She's your mate, you asswipe of a human. My wolf growled angrily.

Oh. So you decide to talk to me now? Maybe I should insult her some more. I sneered sarcastically.

Don't you dare Zayden. Or I will make sure you wouldn't be able to turn into a wolf any more. And without your wolf, you wouldn't be an Alpha.

You would give up your Alpha position for a witch?

The witch is your mate. Your other half. You wouldn't survive without her anyways. We need each other to live. Why can't you get that through your thick head, fucking dimwit?

Ooooo........ He swore again. I'm so scared I'm trembling.
I reply and shut him off in my head. I knew I shouldn't have angered him since he could never talk to me again but I knew he would crack soon. He was too proud to lose his Alpha title over a girl. At least I hope so.

Walking outside the pack house, I head to the training ground. I take the longer route through the woods so I could get some time alone.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't hear someone approaching and wrapping their arms around my torso. I stiffened.

"What do you want Patricia?" I asked the brunette, trying to push her off me but she was stuck to me like a leech.

"You" she whispered seductively in my ear and then started trailing kisses from my ear to my back.

"Too bad the feeling isn't mutual Patricia. How many times do I tell you that?"

"You prefer your murderer of a mate to me?" She let me go and then shoved me. "Did you forget how her parents killed yours? Did you forget what they did to your mother?" She was trying to rile me up and boy was it working.

"SHUT UP!" I roared. "You do not talk to me like that. You better get lost before I throw you away like the trash you are." I shouted, my fists itching to punch something or someone. Preferably a brunette bitch. Too bad I don't hit women.

"Fine" she sneered. "But mark my words Zayden, you will be begging for my touch once that mate of yours betrays you just like her parents did." She hissed and then she was of, but not before one of her infamous hair flips. HOE!

Patricia was the pack bitch. I would have said slut if it wasn't for the small fact that she didn't sleep around with everyone. Oh no.... she chose her partner carefully and mostly went after people with money and power. Unfortunately I happened to catch her eye due to my Alpha title and now she was stuck to me like glue. Really strong glue. While I didn't mind her company in bed, she was fucking annoying once we were out of bed. She would also make the worst Luna ever, not that I ever thought of making her my Luna.

On reaching the training ground I see Jarred and Liu fighting while the others watched. They were skilled fighters and could fight up to five wolves at a time. But when it came to fighting against magic, we stood no chance. Nonetheless we had to make do with what we had and that was physical strength, which the witches lacked.