23 . Mothers and Stupid mates.

Mothers and Stupid mates

Ionora's POV :

I stood frozen, just staring at the woman who had birthed me and who had been suffering alone all these years in the hands of the spawns of Satan. Yes, I just called my 'dad' and his mate the spawns of Satan.

"Ionora? "
Zayden broke me off my staring, distracting me from my long lost mother. How the hell did he recognize me? Did I not stink enough?

"I don't know who the fuck that is but quit talking before I stab you. " I snap rudely. Well, I hoped it came off as rude since my insides were turning to mush. This was not good.

Zayden rolled his eyes like I just told him the earth was flat. "I know it's you Ionora. You might stink but you smell the same to me. "

Did he just-

That asshole.

"Well, too bad you recognized me because I would've loved to stab you. " I growl. Then I smirked, "Just kidding. I'm going to stab you either way. "

"You wouldn't do that. Not after you came this far to save me. " He told me, cockily.

In seconds, I had him pinned on the floor (well, it was easy since he was already kinda chained there) with a dagger held to his throat. "Would you mind repeating that, mate? " I grin deviously , ignoring the tingles shooting up my arm and exploding into unicorns and rainbows in my stomach.

"You wouldn't. " He gasped out, looking a little blue due to my tight grip on his neck.

"Try me. " I challenge him, liking the way he was writhing under me.

Oh stop it you dirty children!

"Kids. Stop it. " A frail voice admonished. Both of us turned to the only other person in the room, my mother, who was smiling as though she had just not seen her daughter threatening to kill her mate.

Getting up (not before sneakily kicking Zayden near his crotch 'by mistake') I walk over to my mom and bend down, hugging her tight to my chest. She was almost only bones and skin and reeked of blood and sweat, which brought tears to my eyes. She suffered and was suffering for no fault of hers only because a power hungry bastard couldn't control himself. When I get my hands on my father, I would pick apart every limb of his, a single one each day and let him bleed while watching his mate suffer. Cruel? That was nothing compared to what he deserves.

I hadn't even noticed that I was crying until my mother pulled away from my embrace and wiped away my tears with her frail hands.

"Don't cry, my child. I'm here now. " She whispered in an angelic voice, which only makes me bawl like a baby. "You are so beautiful, Moy angelochek. I missed you so much. " She tells me, her thick Russian accent still present like her beauty. But her eyes were filled with tears and I could see the pain and love in them.

The sound of a throat clearing ruined our first ever mother-in-law daughter moment. Turning to glare at the person, I find Zayden smiling sheepishly at me.

"Shouldn't we get out of here before someone finds us and kills us?" He asked, struggling to get off the ground due to the chains restraining him. I stifle a laugh as he manages to get up on his knees before face planting on the floor. How was this guy an Alpha?

"You're right. " I say, going over to the chains which held my mother captive. The second I touch the chain, my skin burns and I conclude that they were made of silver. Silver was a werewolf's only weakness, well, apart from their mate. It drained us of our energy and it burned us on contact. It also weakened our wolves to the point of killing them, which meant that my mother's wolf was surely dead by now. My anger intensifies at the thought and only the image of me strangling the man responsible with a silver chain calms me. But for now, I would have to save my mother before they kill us all.

I remove my charms bracelet from my pockets, which I had grabbed from my earlier clothes. I always carried it with me as it had all the basic things to help me escape if I ever got caught. One of the charms was a small bottle which contained a potion which was given to me by a witch when she saw me running around the forest defenseless. The potion was very potent and a small drop could dissolve almost a whole chain of silver.

I carefully tip over the bottle and put a small drop on the chain and step back for it to do its magic. My mother and mate watch in confusion, which later turns to shock and awe as the chains melt away and forms a puddle on the floor. Then I help my mother stand up but she's barely able to after being chained up for so long. She tries convincing me that she was okay but I hover around her anyways in case she loses her balance and falls. After some time, I let her be because she claimed that I was treating her like a newborn and also because the smile that graced her face when I let her be was so darn heartwarming.

By then, Zayden had noticed that I was making no move to save him from the silver chains. So, he felt the need to remind me himself.

"Hey! What about me? "

"What about you?" I retaliate, pretending to be confused.

"Aren't you going to unchain me? " He asks, pointing to the chains.

"I was." I say, grinning inwardly at the relief and happiness in his eyes. "But not anymore. " I finish off, cackling in my head.

"What? Why not? " Zayden blurts out like I had just slapped him. Hah! I wish.

"Why should I? After all, you've been planning to use me as a sacrificial lamb to bait my so-called father, haven't you? "

The color Zayden's face takes on after that makes him look more Edward Cullen than Jacob Black. At the mention of my father, mom tenses and then proceeds to glare at my mate. Our second ever bonding moment right there.

"W-wait. I can explain...." He stammers, when he notices the ladies ganging up on him.

But before he could 'explain' the door of the room bursts open with a bang and three figures step in. Beside me, I hear two sharp intakes of breath and a vicious growl, the latter coming from me. Liane snarls and growls in my head, begging me to let her take control and rip them to shreds. But I push her in, telling her that it was not the time, not his time yet.

As by burning eyes meet the cold heartless ones of my sperm donor, I smirk. He certainly does not deserve a quick death. And he wouldn't get one, unless he kills himself before I lay my hands on him.

--------

A/N :

There it is, the moment we've all been waiting for.
So how was it?

And how are you guys? I really want to know the reach of this book so if you're reading this, comment the name of your country. Come on, it'll be fun to see our fellow countrymen here, won't it?
I'm from India BTW.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter. Thank you for stopping by.

-K💚

Edited - 14/01/2019

.