48. Trainings and selflessness.

I can't believe I actually updated after three days. *pats self*

Happy reading!  

Ionora's POV :

Training went by like a breeze.

Just kidding.

I was barely breathing as Vivian had me do fifty push ups and run twenty laps around the pack training ground. The advantage of being a wolf without a pack was that I didn't have to exercise to stay in shape. I barely had any food to eat and I had to run to stay safe anyways. But running when no one was chasing you was hard.

Getting tired of my complaining, Marrise had explained to me that being physically fit was very essential to learning and performing magic. But I begged to differ. Sitting at a place and waving a finger to do a spell did not require any 'physical' training. Or so I thought.

After I collapsed on the ground after my last lap, Marrise finally got up from the rock she was using as a makeshift chair and walked over to me. She looked me up and down and then asked me to follow her to a clearing in the woods. Vivian and Ian too followed us, the latter eating some popcorn which he manifested from God knows where.

"Ionora, one thing which you should understand about magic is that it is nothing but a form of energy, and energy cannot be created or destroyed. It is present in our surroundings and we need to learn to absorb it and channel it to do our bidding. This is usually done after years and years of practice but since we don't have time for that, you need to do a crash course and graduate." She tells me. I latch on to her every word, not wanting to fail and let Jordan have the last laugh.

"There are essentially five types of witches or warlocks, each pertaining to the five elements of nature. Fire, water, air, earth and space. Like I told you before, only five elementals exist at a time, each having the power of one element. When one dies, another takes their place. The elemental witches are the most powerful of our species. Not all witches and warlocks are elementals. Jordan is a water elemental. Which leads me to believe that you are an elemental too."

My mind swirls with this bit of information. I could control an element? I couldn't even control my own life yet.

"But how is that possible mom? Didn't you just say that only one elemental can exist for each element?"

"Yes, which would lead me to believe that one of the elemental has passed. There is no way that she couldn't be an elemental with the kind of power that both her parents possessed. We only need to find out which elemental you are so you can practice. Unfortuanately due to time restraints, I need to do this the unconventional way." Marrise answers our queries. Then, without a warning, she launches a fire ball at me that she seemed to make out of thin air. I duck in time to avoid my hair getting singed.

"What the hell Marrise? Give a girl some warning next ti-" I screech only to be interrupted by another fireball.

"Try to feel the fire in your veins, Ionora. Absorb the energy of the fire and make it stop before it reaches you." Vivian suggests. Watching from the sidelines. I hear Ian chortle. He was having way too much fun watching me dodge fireballs.

After a few more fireballs and my clothes almost burning off, Marrise finally seems to realize that I was not a fire elemental. She quickly moves on to having a water fight with me, random spurts of water shooting out of her hands. A few minutes is all she needs to know that I have absolutely no affinity to water. I looked like a drowned cat and let me tell you, cats hate water. Through similar tests, Marrise tries to determine if I had any affinity to air, earth or space. But I was an absolute failure by the disappointed look on her face. Vivian also looked like she had given up and Ian was snoring loudly on the ground.

I look down in shame. Most powerful being on earth, my ass. I couldn't even move a twig, forget me fighting Jordan. Noticing my disappointment, Marrise comes forward and gives me a hug. "Don't be disappointed Nory. This is something that witches take months and months of practice to achieve. It was foolish of us to expect something so drastic in a day. Hell, the first time I did a spell correctly was after three months of practicing the same spell again and again." She tries to comfort me but her words do nothing.

"We don't have months Aunt Marrise. Jordan could be heading here as we speak. How can I defend myself, much less the entire world when I can't even perform a simple spell? I am supposed to be this powerful magical being but I still feel like nothing has changed in me. I am still the same old boring rogue girl who happened to have an amazing mother and a criminal infamous father." I sighed out, wanting to be back in my old life where I was just a naïve little girl and when I didn't have the future of an entire species on me.

"Nora, we-"

"Please guys, I just want to be alone for sometime." I mumble, not wanting to be around them anymore. I knew that they were just trying to help me but the past few days where my life took a huge turn was catching up to me and I was in dire need of a break. Was I being selfish? Maybe. But it was the only thing I excelled at.

Marrise gives me a reluctant look, not wanting to leave me alone but reading the utter hopelessness on my face, she leaves. Vivian and Ian linger around, the latter having woken up sometime back but they too leave when I turn away, not wanting to talk to them. I begin walking in a direction opposite to the pack house, entering the woods and reveling in the beauty of it. I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice that I had managed to find a way into the part of the garden that held the moonstone. The fountain were the moonstone was kept looked so empty and dead without it. I walk towards the fountain and sit on the bench next to it. Just as I sat down, I feel a humming in the air. I bolt up, searching for the source of the humming but realize soon that it is coming from me.

In seconds I am put in a trance. When I come out of the trance, I pale at what I just saw. Was that a vision of the future? Or was that what my mind made up? I knew in my gut that that was a vision and if I did not do something then I would lose everyone that I cared about. I had to work fast and smartly and come up with a foolproof plan. In the vision, I see Jordan leading his rogue warriors to the pack house and Zayden, Marrise, Ian and Jarred grievously injured in the fight that follows. I shudder in horror, there was no way I would ever let that happen.

After making up my mind, I let Liane come forward and lead me to where Zayden was. She leads me to the dungeons where Zayden was and Liane informs me about his decision to help Alpha Trenton. I manage to convince him to let me stay behind and take Marrise and Vivian with him. I knew he would become suspicious if I told him to take Ian too so I decide to handle Ian on my own.

Zayden gives me a kiss on the cheek but I pull him in for a little makeout session. I avoid his eyes, not wanting him to see the sadness and grief in them. This might be the last time I could ever see him. But I pull away soon, put on a brave smile and let him walk me into the packhouse where Jarred and Vivian was waiting for him. Marrise joins in and they talk in huddled whispers, most of it being about leaving me here. Once my aunt is convinced of mine and Ian's safety, they all leave, choosing to use my aunt's powers to teleport them there. The warriors would be close behind, Trenton's pack being not too far away.

Once they leave, Ian asks me if I wanted to watch a movie with him but I refuse, wanting to be alone for sometime. He leaves, giving me an odd look, which I choose to ignore. Jordan would be here at nightfall and I had some work to do before him and his entourage gets here. I had to give my father a proper welcome after all.

It was my time to be selfless for once in my life and put others lives before mine. 

------------------------------------

A/N : 

Just two more chapters to gooooo. I'm so scared lol. This is the part where everything goes wrong. Oops I said too much already. I'm going now.

Please do vote and comment (especially the latter since I feel so alone up here. Feels like no one is reading the book hehe).

Thank you for every single vote and comment I've received so far.

Byeeeeee.

- PK <3