49 . Actresses and Goddesses

One more chapter to go before the epilogue! I can't believe the journey is almost coming to an end. *sheds a tear* Do feel free to leave any sort of criticism on my writing. It helps me improve and write better. Please do tell me if you would read any other book I put out.

Anyways, happy reading guys! :)

Ionora' POV:

If my vision was anything to go by then Jordan would be here before nightfall. Another crucial piece of information we all seemed to overlook was the BloodMoon. In the hustle and bustle of everything, we had forgotten that the ritual done to acquire the moonstone's powers was on BloodMoon day and that the day was nearer than we hoped. In fact, the ritual was today at midnight, when the moonlight would fall directly over the temple of the Goddess Hecate. I needed to get to the temple before Dusk fell.

Zayden had allowed me to stay in the pack thinking that I would be safe here but I knew that he had taken extra precautions by assigning me a few guards. They would report back to him my every move and so I needed to get them off my tail. It was mid noon now and I had to work fast. The temple was situated on the outskirts of both the DawnBlood and the RedTribe pack and hence away from the pack. Besides, the pack was deserted as everyone was asked to stay in the bunkers which were safe spots in times of war. So I did not need to worry about the safety of the pack members.

I had devised a plan to distract the guards but it required me lying and my fabulous acting skills which were not up to the mark yet. But this was the only plan I could come up with and I had to act fast as evening was quickly approaching. I walked outside the pack house and looking around, I spied the two guards who were pretending to look elsewhere but I knew they were guards assigned to me.

I start walking, pretending not to notice them and once I was sure they were following, I stop. Suddenly, I clutch my chest and cry out, collapsing in a heap on the floor. Then I whimper and pray to the Moon Goddess that my plan works, and apparently it does as the guards both rush to me.

"Luna, are you okay? What's wrong?" One of them asks me, looking worried and concerned.

"Zay-Zayden is hurt. Badly." I whimper out, letting a few tears slip out.

"But we didn't feel anything Luna, I'm sure he's okay." The other one tries to comfort me. I start sobbing. They look at each other, not knowing what to do.

"Are you questioning your Luna? Do you not see the pain I am in? Zayden is hurt and I need to get to him."

"We have strict orders to not let you leave, Luna." He informs me and I pretend to get angry.

"Your Alpha is hurt and if he dies, his orders will no longer be effective. So before that happens let me go help him." I plead.

"B-But Luna we-"

"Why don't you both go help him then? That way, I don't have to leave the pack." I suggest. They give me an incredulous look. But I start sobbing again and they sigh.

"Will it help if one of us goes to the Alpha?"

"Like that would make a difference. He is hurt and he needs all the help he can get. Look, I'll stay in the pack house and that way you don't have to worry about me leaving. Besides, the pack house is well protected. Just go save your Alpha please." I beg, looking ready to start crying again. They give me a helpless sigh and finally relent. They drop me back at the pack house and once I was safely inside, they turn into their humungous wolves and run off. I wait for a while to make sure that no one is around and then I slip out, turning into my pure white wolf and running off in the supposed direction of the temple. Darkness was quickly approaching and my only hope at remotely winning against Jordan was disrupting the ritual. And I knew that he would come wherever I was. This way, I could lead him and the destruction that followed away from the pack.