8 . Reunions and Runaways.

Reunions and runaways.

Ionora's POV:

I was falling bit this time there was no vortex of colours. Only darkness. I felt light, like I was floating in space. But the feeling was gone soon as I stopped free-falling. A sudden bright light that came out of nowhere almost blinded me and I shielded my eyes with my hands. After sometime , I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the brightness. Looking around, I noticed that I was in a different place , but unlike my previous time travel , this place was unfamiliar. I was sure that I had never been here before.

I was on a cliff. Below me, the waves of the ocean crashed against the cliff I was on. The only view from the cliff was the ocean spread out in all its glory and the sun rising just above the horizon. The view was so picturesque that I couldn't believe that I was watching it ,even if it was only in my head.

"The view is as real as you and me , Ionora." The voice of a woman quipped from behind me.

I screamed and took a step forward , almost falling off the cliff and I would have, if it hadn't been for the hand that shot out to grab me before I had a watery grave.

"She told me you were a klutz. Just not how much of a klutz you are. How are you alive with your clumsiness?" The same voice from earlier said in a mocking way.

Turning back to look for my savior , who ironically was also the person who tried to kill me, I don't find her there. Great , now I'm hearing ghosts.

"Looking for me?"

I screamed and fell on my butt. Fuck, that hurt like a bitch.

The last time I fell, I met my 'dear' mate. But this time, looking up , there was no handsome, sexy jerk in sight. Instead, there stood a girl who looked too beautiful to be real. She had platinum blonde hair which shone in the morning sun giving her the appearance of an angel. But she was no angel , at least judging from the way she spoke to me.

"Awl.......thanks babe. It's the first time someone has called me an angel. They mostly stick with bitch but I guess that works too." She said, shrugging nonchalantly like she didn't just insult herself.

"Well.....you were an angel until you opened that mouth of yours." I retorted , hoping to wipe that smirk off her pretty face.
But no such luck as her smirk only widened.

"Feisty..... I love it. So we really are related then. Nice to meet you , coz." She smiled , sticking her hand out for me to shake. I ignored it.

"Wait......what? Coz?" I asked clueless. I was clueless 90% of the time.

"Umm.....Cousin?"

I rolled my eyes. "I know what coz stands for. How are you my cousin? I don't have any cousins."

"You do. Only you don't remember. I am Marrise's eldest daughter , Vivian. Ring a bell?" She asked.

"Nope." I replied with a blank face. Only a few days back I didn't have any living family members and now strange people were coming up to me claiming to be my relatives. And apparently, my parents were alive too. I felt like my life is an episode from 'Keeping up with the Kardashians'.

She sighed. "The memory wipe was worse than we thought then."

"We? Who's 'we'? And who wiped my memory? Can someone tell me what is going on?" I almost screamed in frustration.

"Look Ionora, you need to trust me, okay? I know that's asking too much since we only meet but you don't have any other choice. You will know everything at the right time and the right time is not now." Vivian told me.