21 . Air Vents and Takeovers.

Air Vents and Takeovers

Ionora's POV :

I still hadn't stopped staring at the drunken tattoo which seemed to be smiling smugly at me on my shoulder. Now you must be wondering why I called it a drunken tattoo . People had no recollection of getting the tattoo until the next morning they wake up in jail. Accordingly, I had no recollection of the tattoo and I was in a jail, well, sort of.

Subconsciously, my hand went up to feel the tattoo and just as I touched it, a jolt went through my spine which brought me out of my shocked trance. The tattoo seemed to be glowing which made me go into panic mode.

"I'm going to die. Oh my god. Someone bewitched me. Or is it a ghost taking over my body? One with a cat tattoo. I need to be exorcised right now. Or is someone performing a black magic ritual on my wax doll? I'm dying. And I haven't even lost my virginity yet. Shit I'm-"

You say dying one more time and I'm killing you myself.
Liane cuts off my ranting with a growl.

Needless to say, I shut up.
What? She's a scary wolf.

But what the heck is that?
I ask, pointing out the black tragedy on my shoulder.

I don't know what it means but I'm sure that it has something to do with your witch side.

So what do we do now? We can't just here waiting for something to happen.

You need to go ask your aunt now. She would know what it means.

That's an awesome idea but you seem to be forgetting the fact that they're imprisoned god knows where and Zayden most likely wouldn't let us meet them.

Who says he needed to know?
She asked in a 'duh' tone.

I grinned evilly.
You little devil you. Look at the little she wolf defying her mate. I must say I like this side of yours.

She 'hmph'-ed in reply and settled in the back of my head but not before sassily flipping me off with her tail. I rolled my eyes in reply.

"Now, how does someone get to the pack cells unseen and unsmelled?" I ask myself, thinking of the best plans for a foolproof escape.

----20 minutes later----

One failed attempt later, I was struck in the air vents. I clearly hadn't thought this through as this place was gigantic and the air vents had too many twists and turns. After passing the same room below me twice, I finally realized that I was lost. Lost in the freaking air vents. It didn't help that I had forgotten the way back to my room.

Looking through the tiny holes below me, I notice that I was in a hallway. I prayed that someone who looked nice and who was not a guard would pass by so I could ask for help. Just as I was in the middle of a prayer, I hear a whistle and watch as someone sneakily opens the doors of one of the rooms in the hallway and comes out holding a bottle. I quickly thank god and decide to take my chances and ask for help.

"Hello?" I ask, my voice sounding a lot manlier because of the echo in the air vent.

The guy startles, drops the bottle and frantically looks around for the source of the voice.

"Hey. Up here."

He looks up and pales. Shit. Is he a guard or something? Or was he a thief?

"G-god?"

Wait what?

"G-god is that you?" He asks shakily, looking above at the ceiling. I choke in a laugh and decide to have fun with this.