7 . Feelings and histories. (Zayden's POV)

Feelings and histories

Zayden's Pov :

Rejection. It is said to be one of the most horrifying experiences for a wolf. Silver , wolfsbane and other werewolf poison caused us excruciating pain but this pain was in a purely physical level. The pain of rejection tore a wolf apart piece by piece physically , mentally and spiritually.

I had never comprehended , not even in my most horrible nightmares , that I would even consider rejecting my mate. A mate was a divine gift , a gift which was made especially for you by the Moon Goddess. And here I was, rejecting her, rejecting the gift of true love.

Sigh.

I must have done something so wrong that fate punished me by sending my enemy's daughter as my mate.

Every time I looked at her , I did see her parents but I also saw a vulnerable and innocent girl who was so brave and strong , being able to live by herself for so long. She reeked of innocence and truth whenever she spoke. But she was a witch , and that was enough to diminish all thoughts of her innocence. Witches were masters of deceptiveness and manipulation.

Witches were not always enemies with other supernatural creatures. They were epitome of power and magic. There were all types of witches living among our kind in peace. The healers were the pack doctors , the Augury witches interpreted signs and omens , green witches centered around nature and trees and usually helped in the pack fields. Warlocks were the male witches who worked in the pack businesses. Dark witches also existed but they usually lived away from packs as they practiced black magic and were shunned by the other witches.

But one incident changed that. The witches turned on us and we no longer had their services. While most witches moved away from the packs and covens and lived a happy secluded life, others worked together to destroy the packs and covens as they believed that we were an obstacle in their path to power. They started annihilating everyone in their path including humans and the other witches and warlocks who refused to join them.

It all started about two hundred years ago when my dad was made the Alpha of the Dawn blood pack by my grandfather. Grandfather had graciously ruled for more than 150 years and had decided to forfeit his position to his eldest son. Dad soon became one of the best Alphas the pack had ever had and he always put his pack before anything else. He allowed the witches and warlocks to live in our pack and even gave them high positions in the pack. Our pack became one of the strongest and most powerful packs there was and it was partly because we were in possession of the White Moonstone of the Goddess.

The moonstone was held in high reverence by the people of the Dawn blood pack as it was a gift from the Moon Goddess herself for the sacrifices made by our ancestors to protect the pack. As long as we had the moonstone we were invincible. The moonstone empowered us , healed us and nourished us. Because of its importance , it was placed in the hands of my grandfather who was one of the most ancient and strongest wolves alive. He promised to guard it with his life , and he did until he was robbed of the moonstone and brutally murdered. Along with the gem went our power , protection and strength.

The wounds inflicted on grandfather were such that only a very powerful witch could inflict them. His life was sucked out off him and his heart ripped out later. There was not a drop of blood spilt which showed the involvement of sorcery and magic and the blame instantly fell on the witches.

My father was grief stricken , having lost both the moonstone and his father on the same day. He ordered his men to bring all the witches and search and question them , to use force if necessary. Not finding anything from the witches he banished them from the pack lands. He had lost trust in them. Later , it was found that the one who stole the moonstone was none other than my dad's best friend and advisor , Jordan Zendale.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

A/N :

This was sort of a filler chapter. I know it's not much but I'll be uploading soon.☺😊

And please don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it.
Thank you.❤💛

Edited - 10/01/2019