~CHAPTER 1~

THE FIRST 20 CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN REWRITTEN OR ARE IN THE WORKS OF BEING REWRITTEN!! I will keep the title the same on Wattpad and FanFiction.net but on ArchiveOfOurOwn it is under the name "Snowflakes Fall and So Did I". If you like that title better, please tell me and I will gladly change it.

The story plot is still the same, but there have been quite a few drastic changes. Everything after chapter 20 will be new material that will follow with the events that have taken place in the rewritten material, so I would advise you to read those if you don't mind.

Now on with the show...AGAIN!

.

.

.

Things would have been different if I had only just said no. If I did, I would have had a relationship with my sister, cousin, and our friend Olaf. I would have never given up ice skating. I would have never had to go to therapy for a year. And most importantly...that man would still be alive. On Christmas Eve it will be exactly six years since the accident happened. Anna doesn't remember any of it, and I had to swear not to ever tell her. I sometimes envy her for having no knowledge of what really happened. She forgot, but me? I'll remember that day until the day I die.

I'll never let it go. Ever since that day, my life has been nothing but pure self torture. My parents told me it wasn't my fault, but I know it was. I was the one who said yes. I was the one who helped my sister, cousin, and friend sneak out. I was the one who spun Anna on the ice and accidentally let her go. She got hurt under my care. She lost her memories from the previous three days, and the man that saved her...died. All because of me.

We're lucky it wasn't her entire life she forgot, but the man's family...they weren't so lucky.

I had just turned 12 on the 21st of December, three days before the accident. My birthday party was the last thing Anna remembered. My aunt and uncle, Arianna and Frederick, were hosting their annual Christmas Eve party for everyone in town to attend. As usual, the party bored my sister, cousin, and I. For the majority of the night, I stayed by my parents' side, so they could introduce me to their business partners and their children.

It was my responsibility as the heir to my father's Architecture Industry. Rapunzel was supposed to do the same since she's also the heir to an industry, and she did stay by her parents' side for while, but that only lasted probably about 30 minutes before she snuck off to play with Anna and Olaf. Her parents let it slide though. Her family runs the Corona Beer Company. What child wants to listen to adults talk about improvements to beer?

Anyway, I remained glued to my parents for much longer than that, probably for about two or three hours. I had my reasons too. Reason one, I didn't have Rapunzel's courage to up and leave. Reason two, I wanted to make my parents proud. Reason three, I was genuinely curious at first before it became boring. Reason four, as I had said before, it was my responsibility and I knew that I needed the learn everything that I could before my father started teaching me himself.

Eventually though, I was sent to play with the other children, and I was happy to do so. Anna, Rapunzel, and Olaf didn't like the other kids due to them being snobby and begged me to take them outside to play in the snow. I said no the first few times, but then gave in. We snuck out and played in the backyard of the mansion. However, it didn't satisfy Anna. She wanted to explore the woods. I told her no again, but just as I had done before...I gave in.

The moon was our only source of light as we traveled deep into the snowy forest behind my aunt and uncle's mansion. Very, very deep. We eventually came across a frozen pond. Being the curious children that we were, we decided to play on it. Olaf, being the only boy, wanted to show off how brave he was and got on the ice first to test it. When it didn't crack, my sister and cousin were quick to get on it too. I was the only skeptical one. However, I soon gave in to my playful side.