Chapter 10:

Cassandra stood next to Darien's car as she waited for him in the parking lot. She looked at the rear entrance and saw Darien casually walking over holding a brown shopping bag and his briefcase. Darien walked up to her and before she could speak he leaned in and kissed her forehead and handed her the brown shopping bag.

Cassandra:F-For me?

Darien:I got you a little something, something.

Cassandra looked down at the gift. She reached in and pulled out a long black case. Darien took the bag and bouquet as she opened the case and gasped. Inside was a silver bracelet with a single deep purple gem shaped like a heart in the middle of two wings. Cassandra smiled as she stared at the bracelet. Cassandra looked up at him and he smiled down at her.

Cassandra:You got this for me?

Darien:Yah, I went to a nearby jewelry store during my lunch break.

Cassandra:It's beautiful.

Darien:Want to try it on?

Darien placed the bag and roses on top of the car and took the box from Cassandra. He removed the bracelet from the box and placed it around her right wrist. Cassandra smiled up at him as he smiled back at her. Both were unaware that they were being watched. Anna was hiding behind some bushes as she was spying on them. James came walking along the sidewalk when he spotted Anna. He walked over to see what she was looking at and why she was hiding.

James:What are you doing?

Anna:(Whispering)Ssshhhh! Look!

James looked and saw Cassandra with Darien. James hide behind the bushes as well and saw Cassandra hug Darien.

James:Why is she hugging him?

Anna:I think it's a thank you hug, maybe?

Then they saw Cassandra let Darien go as both stared at each other. Then they gasped as Darien leaned in and kissed Cassandra.

James:WHAT!?

Anna:Oh My God...

After that Cassandra pulled away took her roses and both got into the car.

James:Where are they going?

Anna:I don't know, let's fallow. I have my car close by.

Both ran out of the parking lot and got into a silver car. They waited as Darien drove out of the parking lot and drove down the street. Anna and James fallowed come behind them.

(A/N:Skipping the drive)

Darien drove into their driveway as Anna parked one block away but they could still see close. They saw Cassandra and Darien getting out as they saw Rosa running out of the house towards Cassandra while holding Snowball in her arms.

James:What is Cassandra doing?

Anna:And why does that little girl have Snowball?

They continued to watch as Cassandra held her right hand out and showed Rosa the bracelet Darien gave her and Rosa smiled as Darien looked away embarrassed. Then they saw Cassandra, Darien an Rosa enter the house.

James:S-She just went in!?

Anna:Oh my!!

James:Let's go to her house, we have to tell her mom!

Anna placed the car in drive and they drove down the rode towards Cassandra's old home.(A/N:Skipping the drive Again.) Anna parked the car and they both ran up the front porch. James knocked forcefully on the door and the door opened. Cassandra's mom opened it and she was wearing her robe and had a cigaret in her hand.