Chapter 21:

Morning...

Cassandra woke up to the sun hitting her face. She slowly sat up and stretched out her arms. She looked around and moved some of her hair out of her face. She looked at her clock that read fifteen after eight. She got out of bed, put on her slippers and walked to the door of the room. She stopped and looked at the rose on her nightstand. She walked over, picked it up and took it with her.

Downstairs...

Cassandra entered the living room to find the other Hunters sitting around with what looked like maps, blue prints and papers. She passed them and entered the kitchen. She saw Julia at the stove and James, Zane and Chris fighting over the last piece of bacon. Cassandra smiled as she walked over and snagged it, much to their displeasure.

Zane, Chris and James:Hey!

Cassandra:Oh grow up, there will be more.

She took a bite as Julia walked over to the table with the frying pan and placed more pieces of bacon on the empty plate.

Julia:I'll have something made for you Cassandra.

Cassandra:Thank you...

Zane, James, and Chris ate three pieces of bacon each as Cassandra sat on a stool near the counter. She reached into her pj pocket and pulled out the white rose. She quickly remembered the nightmare she had that still scared her. She didn't want anything to happen to Darien. She was pulled out of her thoughts when Julia placed a plate of food in front of her.

Julia:Here you... Where did you get that beautiful rose?

Cassandra:Oh, Darien...

Zane dropped his fork and slammed his hand on the table as he turned to face her.

Zane:He was in your room!!?

Cassandra rolled her eyes and said:Zane, Darien and I didn't do anything of that's what your implying.

Zane:He'd better stay away from you!

Cassandra:Oh brother.. Zane... Last night....

She looked down at her lap as she stared at the white rose.

Cassandra:The last night... I had a horrible nightmare... Andrew... was in it... He was hurting Darien... In order to get me to be his.

Julia:Oh, it's ok sweetie it's just a dream.

Cassandra:Yah, I hope it just stays that way.

James:Ok, let's forget all this and get back to eating . We have to get going.

Cassandra picked up her fork and began to eat.

After breakfast...

Cassandra ran up to her room and changed into light blue jeans and a plane red t-shirt with a black stitched up heart. She placed a black hair pin in her hair and put on black sneakers. She grabbed her wallet and ran down stairs as James,Zane and Chris were leaving. They got into the truck and drove off to meet up with Rosa at the park.

At the park...

Cassandra, Zane, Chris and James walked around and they came across the play-ground where they found Rosa and Darien waiting by the swing set. Rosa wore a deep blue sun dress that brought out the color of her eyes, and Darien wore a casual black dress-shirt and black dress pants. Rosa looked up from starring at her feet and smiled when she saw Cassandra.

Rosa:Cassandra!

She got up from the swing set and ran over, Darien calmly walking behind her. Rosa ran up to Cassandra and hugged her legs. Cassandra smiled as she hugged back. She looked up at Darien who looked happy to see her, but also looked troubled. Zane got in front of her and Darien stopped smiling. Cassandra sighed as she let go of Rosa and walk in front of Zane.