Chapter 24:

Two days later...

Cassandra sat in the living room board to death. Two days have pass, James and Anna would bring her homework so she wouldn't miss anything. And Anna and Darien would come to visit when they had time. (A/N:Yes, Anna knows she's staying at James' place. she knows nothing about the threat or any of that, yet.) She picked up the remote and changed the channel on the T.V. She changed the channel and was now watching the news. She sat up as Jennifer was on T.V. The news lady was talking about how Jennifer was attacked by a fellow classmate. Then the news lady gave Jennifer the mic.

Jennifer:It was so scary, I was speaking to a really handsome teacher we recently got and she came up to me... She called me a slut... And yelled at me and told me to stay away from him... Then two days ago she came up to me in the hallway, yelled at me and began to hit me. She grabbed me by the hair and slammed me into a locker...

She began to weep as she spoke.

Jennifer:Then the handsome teacher that came to our school, he stopped the fight and we were escorted to the principles office... We were both suspended... But... I'm glade she won't get near me for two weeks...

The news lady rubbed Jennifer's arm as she spoke about how horrific the attack sounded. Cassandra turned off the T.V, picked up a pillow and screamed into the pillow. Suddenly Mrs.Julia came in with a plate of snacks and looked at Cassandra. She placed the plate in the coffee table as Cassandra fell over onto the couch.

Mrs.Julia:Cassandra...? Dear... Are you alright?

Cassandra removed the pillow from her face and looked at Mrs.Julia.

Cassandra:I just saw Jennifer on the news a few seconds ago, she told a reporter that I was the one that attacked her.

Mrs.Julia:Oh dear, well don't worry... I know you are the one that is telling the truth. But Jennifer is a lying to the news media so I'm sure once they find out the truth she'll be labeled as a big Lier.

Cassandra:I hope so...

Later in the day...

Cassandra was in her room. She was writing in her book when a rock came crashing in threw her window, causing her to jump from her bed. Soon after four more rocks came crashing threw it. Cassandra ran out of her room and ran down the stairs.

Downstairs...

Cassandra ran into the kitchen were Mrs.Julia was doing a crossword puzzle when she heard glass shattering upstairs. Mrs.Julia ran over to Cassandra as Mr.Allen ran upstairs.

Mrs.Julia:What was that noise Cassandra?

Cassandra:Someone threw rocks that crashed threw the window. I'm scared Mrs.Julia.

Mrs.Julia:Well don't worry, everything's going to be alright. I'm gonna call James and tell him to hurry home.

She walked to the kitchen wall phone and dialed down James' cell number.

At school...

James was placing his text book into his locker when his cellphone began to ring. James pulled it out and picked it up.

James:Hello?

Mrs.Julia:James...

James:Mom? What's up?

Mrs.Julia:Come home quick, someone was threatening Cassandra. Someone threw rocks at her window...

James:Is she ok?

Mrs.Julia:She's alright, but we need you to come home quick.

James:Ok, I'll be there soon mom.

He hung up just as Anna and Darien came over.