Chapter 11:

Cassandra stared at her reflection in her mirror. Her hair was placed into a ponytail and she had applied a little blush, light eyeshadow and lipgloss. She wore black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt with a dead zombie puppy a cross ring and black convers. She checked her reflection in the mirror a little more and then there was a knock at the door. She grabbed her cellphone and her wallet and answered. Darien stood on the other side in deep blue button up shirt, black pants and casual shoes. Cassandra felt her cheeks turn red as she stared at him.

Darien:You like what you see?

He joked and Cassandra giggled as her cheeks turned more red then they already were. Darien smiled as he took her hand and pulled her out of her room and out the door.

They got into Darien's car and drove down the road.

Cassandra:So where are we going?

Darien:I was hoping we could go to a nice walk in the park. Then we could go get lunch.Then maybe a movie if you'd like. (A/N:He doesn't need to eat, but when in public he has to.)

Cassandra:Wow, you really thought this threw.

Darien:Well, I really wanted this to be special because... your special to me.

Cassandra smiled as she blushed a little. She stared out the window as they passed the neighborhood.

At the park...

They arrived at the park and walked around as they held hands. People gave them odd and disapproving looks but neither cared or payed an attention to them. After the walk they sat down in a bench and Darien places his arm around Cassandra. Cassandra laid her head on his shoulder as she stared up at the sky.

Darien:So how's the date so far?

Cassandra:Great, but being with you makes it even better.

Darien smiled at her as he leaned in and placed a kiss on her forehead. Cassandra smiled and giggled.

A voice:Well look at what we have here.

They looked and saw Anna and James standing a few feet away. Cassandra jumped away from Darien, who did the same.

Cassandra:H-Hey guys... Um... I can explain...

Anna:No need to, we know everything already.

Cassandra:What do you mean?

Anna:We know you two are dating, and that you are living at Mr.Light's home with a little girl.

Cassandra thought:Oh boy...

Anna:I knew you liked Mr.Light. But I didn't expect you to be living with him. That was a shocker.

Cassandra looked at James who was staring at Mr.Light with a disgusted and upset facial expression.

Anna:Hey...

Cassandra:Hm?

Anna:Why didn't you tell us you ran away from home?

Cassandra:Wait... You guys went over to my house?

Anna:Yah, your mom was being... How should I put this nicely... She was mean.

Cassandra looked away and said nothing. Anna turned to Darien who looked at her but said nothing. Realizing her mistake, Anna covered her mouth.

Anna:oh... Uh... Sorry, if you don't want to talk about it then...

Cassandra:N-No, it's ok. The reason I ran away from home was because... My mom was abusive and I couldn't take it anymore. I managed to survive the last couple of years until just a while ago, she finally did something that made me want to run away from home.