Chapter 23:

Cassandra and Darien got in Darien's car outside in the teachers parking lot. Once inside Darien turned to Cassandra who looked at him.

Darien:Are you sure your alright?

Cassandra:Yah, I'm alright. I just can't believe I'm suspended for no reason. I mean, what I did was like self-defense. She should be the only one suspended not me.

Darien smiled sadly at her as he reached over and touched her hand. Cassandra looked at him and smiled sweetly.

Darien:At least she won't be able to beat you up any longer. And I won't have to see her at school either.

Cassandra laughed and said:Yah, that's the good thing.

Darien let go of her hand and stared up the car. As they were about to exit the teachers parking lot, Jennifer appeared right in front of the car causing Darien to hit the breaks. He looked at her angrily as he rolled down his window.

Darien:Are you trying to get yourself killed!?

Jennifer:I need a ride Mr.Light, both my parents are at work and can't come and pick me up.

Cassandra rolled down her window and yelled.

Cassandra:Your dad owns a factory! They don't need to even lift a finger let alone work!

Jennifer:Please, I don't want to walk home and get raped.

Cassandra stuck her head back into the car and whispered to Darien.

Cassandra:To bad she'll be doing the raping.

Darien sighed and stuck his head out again.

Darien:Very well, get in.

Jennifer:Yeah!

Cassandra:What? Darien...

Darien:Well I can't leave an innocent student alone, let alone walk home alone. I am a teacher so I have to protect said student, even if that student does hate you darling.

Cassandra slapped her forehead and said:Ok...

Jennifer got in the back seat behind Darien as he put the car into drive again. He pulled out the teacher parking lot and onto the road. The drive was very annoying for Cassandra since Jennifer kept on flirting with Darien at every stop light and stop sign they came across. Jennifer gave Darien directions to her house which was actually close to the school but she decided to use the long way around. After what seemed like forever they arrived at a white mansion like house with a big black gate.

Jennifer:Thank you so much Mr.Light!

She leaned in and kissed his cheek. Cassandra stayed calm on the outside but on the inside she really wanted to grab Jennifer by the hair and rip her head off. After Jennifer got out of the car and entered her house, Darien looked at Cassandra who was angry and staring out the window. Darien smiled, knowing she was upset that he was kissed by another woman and that she easily got jealous. Darien turned to the road and began to drive away as he continued to take small peaks at Cassandra who continued to stare out the window. He stopped near an old abandon house that was boarded up and falling apart, and turned the car off. He removed his seat belt and reached over removed Cassandra's seat belt and took her into his arms. Cassandra gasped as she was taken by surprise.(A/N:If anyone is thinking something wrong, STOP!!!) Cassandra looked at Darien who had the same amusing looking in his eyes from when she first got jealous.

Darien:Upset Darling?

Cassandra turned red as she looked away causing Darien to chuckle. He leaned in and kissed her head and kissed his way down her head to her cheek and kissed her cheeks, nose, and his lips finally landed on her own. Cassandra didn't want to since she was angry but gave into her desire to kiss him back as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he brought her in closer. Both stayed like that for a long time, breathing threw their noses so they don't have to break the kiss. Both felt like they were the only ones in the world and nothing else mattered to them. After a few minutes, Darien pulled away. He stared at Cassandra who was smiling at him with deep affection in her eyes. He leaned in and whispered into her ear.

Darien:I love you, Cassandra. Don't ever forget it.

Cassandra smiled as she whispered to him.

Cassandra:And I love you too.

They looked into each others eyes and knowing they wanted to stay like that forever, but Darien had to return to school. They separated as Darien turned back to the steering wheel as both put on their seat belts. Darien turned the car on and they continued their destination. After ten minutes, they arrived at James' drive way. Cassandra and Darien both got out as Darien walked her to the door. They stood on the porch as Cassandra hugged Darien and thanked him. Darien smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Darien:I love you so much, god I never get tired of saying that.

Cassandra giggled as she looked up at him. He slowly leaned down as Cassandra leaned up. They were about to kiss again when...

A voice:HEY GET YOUT HANDS OFF MY SISTER!!!

Cassandra and Darien pulled away from surprise, looked and saw Zane standing at the doorway. Cassandra rolled her eyes and looked Darien with an annoyed face.

Cassandra:I'm sorry for ... my brother.

Zane grabbed her by her shoulders and said:Stay away from Cassandra. Now, don't you have to get back to teaching?

Darien:Geeh, thanks... See you later Cassandra...

Cassandra:Bye Darien...

He turned around and began to walk away. Zane pulled Cassandra into the house and closed the door.

Cassandra:Zane! Darien is a big important part of my life, can't you just leave me be?

Zane:Sure, when pigs fly.

Cassandra:Really?

She said annoyed. She pulled away and began to walk up the stairs when Mrs.Julia stopped her.

Mrs.Julia:Cassandra your back. We just got a call from your school saying you got into a fight, what happen?

Cassandra:(sigh) Jennifer attacked me... Apparently I took her "boyfriend" so she pushed me to the floor and she began to kick me.

Mrs.Julia:Jennifer? I thought James told me she was placed in the hospital?

Cassandra:Well she recovered quickly, anyway I'm suspended for two weeks. But... At least she's suspended too, that's the good thing.

Mrs.Julia smiled as Cassandra went up stairs.

Mrs.Julia thought:She never changes...