Chapter 27:

James stared at his phone then back at his laptop screen. The red dot was still there.

Zane:Was that Cassandra?

James:Yah...

Darien:Well... What happen?

James:I don't know, one minute she's talking then the line goes dead...

Zane:Did you find the signal?

James:Yah, let's go!

James, Allen, Darien, Zane and the other hunters got up as they ran out the door. Mrs.Julia turned to a cross that hung on the wall next to the kitchen doorway and cupped her hands.

Mrs.Julia:Please lord... Keep innocent Cassandra safe until they get there... Please...

With Cassandra...

Cassandra laid on the ground, she slowly opened her eyes. The last thing she remember was talking to James on the phone when a goon came in, cursed at her, took her phone and smashed it, then he slapped and punched her, knocking her out. She sat up and rubbed her stomach and arms.

Cassandra:Why do I always get beat up?

She slowly got up and zipped her dress up. She slowly laid on the bed and placed her head on the pillows. She looked up at the ceiling, it was painted to look as if one is looking up at the night sky star gazing. Cassandra closed her eyes and tried to imagine herself in a meadow under the real night sky. She opened her eyes and soon fell asleep.

With the others...

Allen followed James' directions.

James:Ok, now turn left here.

The car turn left and Allen stopped in front of a factory. The windows were all shattered and some of the ceiling was missing. They saw a little light coming from inside. James, Zane and everyone pulled out hand guns. Zane looked at Darien.

Zane:While we're distracting them, you find Cassandra and get her out of here.

Darien:Ok...

They all quietly got out and surrounded the only un-boarded up door. James held his figures up counting. 3... 2... 1...

James:Now!

Allen kicked the door in and they began to fire. Darien waited and then he heard screaming and horrific monster growls. He ran in and saw a horrific sight; The hunters were shooting bullets at the werewolf's as some of the dogs attacked some of the hunters and had them pinned to the floor as they ripped out the hunters organs and blood was shed. Darien looked at Zane who looked at him and yelled.

Zane:What are you doing!? Go find her!!

Darien ran in and ran into the hallway. As he ran down the hall he called Cassandra's name.

Darien:CASSANDRA!!? CASSANDRA!!? WERE ARE YOU!!?

With Cassandra...

CASSANDRA!!? CASSANDRA!!? WERE ARE YOU!!?

Cassandra slowly opened her eyes as she heard someone calling her name. She sat up and listened.

Darien:CASSANDRA!!? CASSANDRA!!? CAN YOU HEAR ME!!?

She recognized the voice as she ran as far as the chain allowed her. She began to cry out.

Cassandra:DARIEN!!? IN HERE!!! I'M IN HERE!! CAN YOU HEAR ME!!!?

Darien:CASSANDRA!!? IS THAT YOU!?

Cassandra:Yes, it's me! Get me out of here!!

Darien:I'm here, step away from the door.