Chapter 2

I pull my hood over my head and look slightly downwards as I follow Zane and his men down a dirt road. As we begin to approach the gate, Zane stops and slowly nods to me before a few guards notice us. I swiftly swing myself behind a tree and wait there until the others go up.

          I move through the woods and manage to get to the town walls unspotted. I hug the wall as I search for an entrance and hope to be excepted and make a living here. In a small clearing, I see an unbuilt section of the wall. I walk up to it and stick my head in side, shortly after attempting to take a step inside.

        Suddenly I get pulled back and pushed to the ground,getting pinned. I look up to see a familiar face glaring with anger, but can't quite make out the name or where I have seen him. He glares at me with his light blue eyes and-

        "G-garroth?!?!" I shout less surprised because Zane told me he was here, but still in shock.

       "Wait a minute.....Dawn? I-its you!"

       He pulls me into a hug and then, still holding my shoulders, pulls back and looks into my eyes.

     "But your working for Zane...... aren't you...?" He says almost in a whisper.

     "Not anymore...I never wanted to in the first place......."

     "Really? Heh...I believe you...."

     "Thank you Garroth.....now my pardon, but may I ask why?"

       "Heh heh, because I know you, you always stopped me and Zane from playing war on winter days because you didn't like the violence."

      "Ha, well....I'll explain more later, just, I came looking for a place to stay, begin my actual life.....may I stay here?"

      "Well.....I can convince Aphmau, she'll understand."

      "Oh Garroth, thank you!!!"

     I hug Garroth again, tighter than last time. He pulls me off of him, barely breathing and then leads me into the town through the unfinished section.

    We walk beside the wall in the direction of the gate, were I can see a group of people angered looking out of it. We stop out of the gates view and listen in.

         "Zane! Your a monster!!! You kill the innocent! Why would I ever marry such a man!" A young woman with black hair and a purple and black outfit on with gloves.

        Zane laughs maniacally and my heart skips a beat as I feel a tear drop from my eye. Garroth looks at me and then puts his arm around me in comfort.

       "Hm...you really do put up a fight, don't you? Hahaha! Well then, if I can't have that, at least give me what I demand be given to me. My dearest brother." Zane states.

         Garroth greatens his grip on me, then puts his head on mine, I can tell he is sorry that I have to listen to once a socially awkward best friend, now being a complete monstrous jerk.

       "No way Zane! Never!" The girl yells.

       "You will regret your choice."

     I hear him and his men's feet clomp against the ground, getting fainter as time so quickly passes. Garroth let's go of me and I was my tears away, then some of the people who remained at the gate begin to leave, the girl, noticing us and heading our way.

       "Hello, Garroth, who is this?" She says.

       "An old friend, mostly Zane's best friend." Garroth answers.

       "One of his people?"

       "No Aphmau, she left Zane's side. She doesn't like him killing people, and doing the stuff he does."

       "How can she be trusted?"

       "Because I know her, i'v known her for almost thirteen years, of well at least known of her for a few years, but we were good friends back in O'khasis, before I left. She was Zane's best, only friend."

        "Why is she here?"

        "To start a life, she never really had one because Zane forced her to stick with him, I presume."

        "Garroth.........I'm not sure.......it's a risk...."

       "No it's not Aphmau, she-"

       "Enough! Please...... Garroth, if she doesn't trust me, she just doesn't trust me. As long as you do I'm happy, I can find somewhere around here to stay." I interupt.

      "You may stay. But any odd moves, I'll be here." She says.

         I nod and she walks away, then Garroth smiles and guide's me towards what seems to be a guard tower.

               Thank you for reading and stuff, hope you enjoyed and PEACE OUT MY LOVELY MARE READERS!!