Chapter 6

I sit up ,in my makeshift bed on the floor, and blink a few times before getting up and put on clothing that has been set by me.Then, I go to the door and open it, stepping out to see Garroth ready to escort me.

                                   "Morning Garroth." I say as he takes my arm and we begin walking towards Lord Aphmau's house.

                                   "Morning Dawn,have you any clue of what you wish to do?"

                                   "I do, I'm actually glad you asked. I wanted to be a guard."

                                   "Im sorry, what? You a guard? But you hate violence, death, and well, all of that stuff in general."

                                  "I know Garroth, but I want to be a guard, I may not like those things, but I want to help protect the people of this town, Zane is pure evil and i'v seen what he's done to people. You guys are good, and I don't see why Zane wants to hurt you. Even though I stuck by his side, I only did because he is or was my friend for a long time, and with you, and Vylad gone, I had no one but him. Now that I'm mature enough, I realized I couldn't stay with him and I was only hurting myself."

                                 "Ahh.......you may have to explain that to Aphmau as well, I had told her you hated violence and things like that, haha."

                                 "Haha, I guess I will then."

                                I see a pink aura start to surround my hand and I quickly smack my hand against my leg, letting the color fade away.

                               We get to Aphmau's house and Garroth goes inside as I wait by the door patiently until they both come out.

                                "Garroth had told me you wanted to be a guard? And no need to explain, Garroth did that too. Are you good with a weapon?"

                                "Fairly, i'v practiced back in O'khasis because Zane wanted to make sure I could defend myself, so he signed me up for a weekly training a year or two ago."

                                "Okay, well, we will have to see how good you are when some of the guards have a day off or so, I'm sure Brian will be able to fit in the time, Garroth may be able to also. But right now, just go have fun or make riends with the town's folk for now."

                               "Okay, bye Garroth."

                               "Bye Dawn."

                                     I smile and walk down the hill to the town, following the road to the plaza. I walk to a stand and see a guy with blonde hair turn to me.

                               "Oh, hello......hm....are you new around here? Haven't seen you around before." He says kind of in a rude manor.

                               "Oh, hi. And yes I am, the names Dawn."

                               "Ur...I'm Logan, where did you come from?"

                               "Uh.....oh....um......I-i come from, uh well O'khasis. But a run away basically. I'm a old friend of Garroth's."

                               "O'khasis? Then how do they trust you! Those people are sick and ruthless!"

                               "I-i know, I wasn't really friends with anyone, but I'm trusted because Garroth knows how much I hate or hated violence."

                               "Well I'm keeping my eyes on you, no one can trust an O'khasis folk, I don't know what's going through the mind of that Lord......"

                          I slowly walk away and start looking more to see a statue of Irene placed in the center of water. I smile and kneel before it, saying a quick prayer under my breath, then getting up to see Laurence coming over.

                              "Hey Laurence......"

                             "Uh....sorry about Logan, I'm sure we can trust you."

                             "You were listening on my conversation?!"

                             "No! I'm just very good at reading lips!"

                             "Not helping!"

                             "Sorry, I can't help it, your voice is just to beautiful to not want to hear."

                             "Again, NOT HELPING."

                          I turn around and walk away, hearing Laurence's feet follow me.

                        Thanks for reading! And sorry about the lack of chapters, just busy with school and other stories!