Chapter 26

Lucinda and I over look somethings in her book then looks up at me.

     "I sense intense power in you." She tells me. "High levels of energy is coming from you, care to explain?" 

      "Uh- you can tell huh... that's a first... Of course I'v never really met a witch before. Just don't say anything alright? I'll tell you about it later... maybe..." I answer. 

        Suddenly a loud noise comes from where Malichi is, and suddenly, he's no longer a ghost. He's human. Aphmau and Laurence shoot through the door, and I rush to his bed side. Everyone talks besides me, who is trying to figure out how this is possible. We all leave the room except for Aphmau, Levin, and Malichi, but Lucinda and I stay in the hall way. Zoey and her talk, in somewhat of an arguing way, as I play around with Wigglesworth the owl, petting his soft tamed feathers. After a few minuets, Aphmau comes out of the room, speaking to Lucinda, then she comes over to me.

       "What... What do you think about all this?" She asks, and I confusedly look over to her.

       "What are you talking about? He's human again. Even after all I read with Lucinda, I still have no clue about magic or anything." 

        "I mean about Zane manipulating Scaleswind and coming here. You've seemed off all last night and today." 

        "It's just, I know If something happens, let's say war begins. Either Zane will take me back to Ok'hasis with him, or the other people after me will use the war to they're advantage, and catch me off guard." 

        "Don't worry, we'll solve this. I'm sure Garroth wouldn't let anything happen to you, and won't let his brother take you away, or anyone else for that matter. Now, remember you said you have a power, something you said you couldn't explain to me. What's that all about?"

         "Oh... well, just as I'v said to everyone else, I'll explain later. If I can anyways. I'm just not ready." 

         "I understand. I'll be going now, see you later."

        With that, she's off. A while passes and Laurence takes me with Aphmau and him to a meeting with the available guards. I see Garroth and I happily stand next to him with a smile, but, he seems rather off.

        "Aphmau has issued a call to arms." Laurence starts.

        "What? When did she do this?" Garroth asks.

        "Just now Garroth, given our situation we have to make the call now." Laurence continues.

        "Laurence, shouldn't Garroth be holding this meeting?" Dante points out.

        "Garroth? Do you wish to speak?"

        "No... you have been active in the last couple of days more than I have. Use this as an opportunity to bring me up to date."

         "Are you aware what's going on with O'khasis?"

         "It's been the talk of the town. Of course I know." 

         "... I thought you would be more..."

         "More what?"

         ".... Nothing, you've been sick."

         "Are you still sick Garroth?"

         "So, a call to arms of the Phoenix Alliance... You realize it will take some of them a few days to get here."

         "Hence why we need to send out messengers now." 

      "Who do we send?"

      "For the wolf tribe I was thinking Logan."

      "If she's not busy... Lucinda would be our best bet for Pikoro Village."

      "I can have Raven fly a message to Bright Port."

      "That's brilliant! Why don't we just have Raven deliver all the messages?" 

      "Raven can only fly so fast."

      I scan over Garroth's completion. He seems okay, but he seems fine. It looks like he wasn't sick at all. But his eyes do seem red. But that's all. Maybe something happened? Maybe he's not sick? Or am I mistaken? And he just recovered quickly? The meeting is dismissed, and Aphmau and I chase after Garroth as he leaves the building.

     "What do you want m'lord? Dawn?" He asks.

     "How are you feeling?" Aphmau questions.

     "I'm feeling better thanks to Lillian. She was very helpful in getting me over my pain." He answers.

     "Garroth, I'm so sorry I wasn't able to be there for you, it's just so many terrible things happened..." Aphmau apologizes.

     "I'm sorry as well, I'v been getting caught in all this, especially with Zane." I tell him.

     "I'm sure some of the things you tended to weren't so terrible..." He mumbles.

     "What? Everything has been a wreck!" 

    "I'm sorry, it's just... I need to contact Raven... I'll talk to you later m'lady, and you to Dawn." 

    He walks off and we look at him confused and worried. 

    "Lord Aphmau, I'll be back. If that's okay with you?" 

    "Oh. Yes Dawn, do what you must. Please, come to dinner at my place, Malichi is going to eat a meal for his first time in a long while. I'm saving a spot for you."

    I nod and walk in Garroth's direction. I lose Garroth, and sigh, continuing to look for him until late, where the sun is almost gone. Shoot! Aphmau invited me for- I suddenly feel and impact to my head as I walk through the woods near the doc. Falling to the ground from the hit.

-Aphmau- 

     "I wonder where Dawn is, I did tell her to come." I say, looking out the window as Malichi eats. "Laurence, do you have any idea where she is?"

     "No. I don't. Do you want me to go look for her?"

     "Hmm, no. I'm sure she can handle herself. Maybe she forgot, or got stuck doing something. We'll look for her tomorrow."  

-Dawn- 

     I feel grass beneath me, then sit up. I remember how I was knocked out and look up at the night sky. It must be really late. Aphmau must be wondering where I am. But dinners probably over with now. Uh- huh? Wait... I wasn't knocked out here. I was moved. It doesn't even look like I'm in Phoenix Drop anymore... where am I? 

    "Hahahahaha, how was your nap?"